The last open forum..

Hayward, CA

Yesterday D.G closed all forums to non subscribers. Not a good idea to attract new members. Why this and one other are open is a mystery.But i imagine its a matter of time ....

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

How odd! Maybe it was a glitch of some kind....I can't imagine everything being closed!

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

hmmmmmmmmm....wonder what this is ....i do know that there is alot of very knowledgable people here, they offer expertise advice and are very helpful...some post pics that have taken years to acquire after trial and error and cost...maybe it's a way of telling the folks, hey, education has a price, the subscription for a year isn't alot of money and you receive a million times the benefits from a small fee....what the heck, I know what I'm getting a number of my new friends I've met on Dave's for Christmas!!! Upgrades to their accounts!!! Shari, this means you and some others so check with me before you add any time to your current subs!!!! Don't want to spoil any surprises for you kids...but wait, there may be more!!

Just a thought, I have always believed that education comes at a cost, and the education I have received here has been worth the small sub. fee for what I have learned and the life-long friends I have made in the process!!! There is a lot of free information out there, but, I consider this site solid in knowledge and there answers to questions that come from those in the know...I say, Rock on Dave's!!!

aurabest,
john

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

John, I couldn't have said it better.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Not all the forums were closed, just some.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3579567 (from Daves Garden forum)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the link ecrane3. Boy, you sure must spend a lot of time answering people's questions. What do you think of the change? I think that John put it best, I only lurked for a short time before I joined, and I have given gift subs as well. There is sooooo much info here - easily accessible, fun to learn....worth so much more than that small price.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I never had much of an opinion one way or the other on it, definitely not as strong opinions as a lot of other people did! I subscribed originally just to gain more access to Plant Files, I didn't even really discover the forums until after I subscribed so I don't really know if I would have found the forums and Plant Files hadn't been there if I would have kept coming back (except for DG, I'm not really into all the chat/message board sorts of things). Now I'm hooked of course! I think it's great to keep some forums open to everyone so that people can get a good feel for what they'd be gaining if they joined, but it did feel like there were an awful lot of forums that were open to everyone, so I can see how people who subscribed mainly for the forums might feel like there was too much that was open. Either way, I know Dave gave it a lot of thought before he made the change.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I agree....I'm sure he did. I also don't go in for Chat Rooms and such like, but I am totally addicted to DG. Can't wait to get on and see what's new every day. My friends are getting sick of hearing me talk about it I'm sure. But, I guess that's their problem, because I have never seen a site so devoted to doing the best by its subscribers as DG is.

BayArea - thanks for bringing this newest update to our attention.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

If anyone is interested I have recently reopened the forum on my website. It has been enhanced to allow for the uploading of photos, which makes it a lot more interesting. Here is the link www.phoenixtropicals.com.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.