Goldenflame Climber - honeysuckle

Cranbury, NJ

I planted this about one month ago and it has really taken off. I'm trying to cover a really ugly section of my fence. So far this has very good potential and its really pretty. I haven't noticed much of a scent from it.

Thumbnail by kiwiandsteve
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

No scent but the flowers are pretty!! Mine has not taken off yet and probably will not until it starts to cool off here in the desert.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Kiwi-
I'm wondering if you might not actually have goldflame...

Goldflame has darker colors, and is very fragrant.

Yours looks a lot like 'pink lemonade', which has pastel colors, and is just gorgeous, but has barely, if any, scent...

I actually prefer the colors of my pink lemonade...but fragrance of honeysuckle is hard to beat!

-T

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I bought mine at Lowe's so it is possible mine was marked wrong . :o)
Where ahve you been T.?

Hi girl!
I've been really absorbed with my sweet "puppy" of 18yrs.(2lb.4oz teacup Yorkie)
He is not going to make it much longer...he currently requires a lot of extra care. Sometimes when he's asleep on my lap, it gives me a minute on the computer. :0)
-T

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I am sorry to here that your baby is ill. You two are in my prayers.
It is nice to see you post !!

Thank you, Marie. :0)

Hope all your vines are doing well in the heat. We are starting to really warm up, so I'll bet you are, too.
-T

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah we were 108 2 days in a row!! The weather has been strange this year.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2007 9:43 AM

Cranbury, NJ

Maybe I do have lemonade because it is all pastels, it was probably mismarked. I just love it, and the spot it is covering is a dented section of fence which probably makes me like even more.

'Pink lemonade' was really common in nurseries around here about 8 years ago(when I bought mine), but haven't seen any for sale around here, since.

Plants seem to be just like clothing...new style come and go each year, lol...

I think it is one of the prettiest...too bad it doesn't have much of a scent. I still think it is very much worth growing, just for the gorgeous colors.
:0)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.