look how badly my pond is dying up : (

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

we need some rain so so badly!!!! just to show how badly here are a few pictures of our pond.

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

this is used as a fish breeding box and is usually compeletly underwater and unable to be seen.

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Sad pictures.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

FYI, according to the state laws, ponds that support aquatic life can still be filled. Your pond looks pretty big though. I really hope you get some rain soon.

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i feel badly for the poor fish and frogs. i saw a crane eating fish this morning. they aren't hard targets now. thanks for the info. i didn't know that about ponds. i couldn't possibly afford to fill it.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Don't know about earthen ponds but I would imagine it would be like liner ponds - if you fill it with tap water it should be allowed to sit for a day without the fish or treated to get rid of the chloramine. Best thing to do is keep it topped off in the future so you don't have to treat it.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I feel for you, lovesdaylilies, I'm in the same boat as you. We just got a thunder shower but it's moving out going south as I type. The only bit of salvation my pond has is it has a drainage pipe going to it to catch the neighborhood's runoff from their drainage tiles. The ony kicker is, no rain, no drain. Last year it dried almost completely up and sadly we lost all of our bass. The big water birds had a field day. I can't afford to run water to mine either. Running my well long enough to keep it filled would kill me in electricity bills. We'll just have to pray for more rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.