Tilia cordataLinden trees in flower!

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

I just noticed that the linden trees (aka lime trees) planted around the city are starting to flower and are once again releasing more of their sweet, pure, penetrating scent into the surrounding air. This is one of my absolute favorite fragances and I find that it is one that people tend to appreciate, but never seem to connect the exquisite scent to the inconspicuous chartreuse blossoms.

For the next two weeks I will be in heaven, as the lindens are one of the most widely planted trees here in the metropolitan Chicago area. Does anybody else love this fragrance?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes!!! I'm with you on this Isphahan (have you taken your name from the beautifully scented old rose of the same name?).
Also, my favourite honey is from lime flowers! All that fragrance in edible form!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

You are so right. It is something that I just love about this area. Several parkway plantings in my immediate neighborhood are coming into bloom and it is a wonderful thing to walk the dog at night and come across that perfume. thanks for posting.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.