first flowers from seed this season

Akron, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm pretty happy with this color! POW! that's some purple... this container holds six to seven colors so I can't wait for the next couple of weeks this is a twenty gallon planter I started on bamboo sticks in the house three months ago now outside for one of those months.

Thumbnail by MrKnightdark
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice glow to it that's for sure.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

The speckles are nice. The band-aid too.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Nice colors.

(Zone 4a)

Wow what vivid colouring - so pretty!

Amesbury, MA

Is that grandpa ott?

Akron, OH(Zone 5b)

this color was a surprise out of a mixed color pack of morning glories after the others bloom I'll see how the mix holds up to next years cross pollination. I think a bright pink is on the way

I love the look of MG's but it's not worth it to me to be pulling them out for years to come.

Akron, OH(Zone 5b)

there will be no pulling out that's why I got them in the container with 10 feet or more of concrete on both sides. however they might take over my garage siding if I'm not careful!

Don't be so sure. I am pulling them up well over 100 feet from where they were planted. It's not only wind but birds too.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Sure is a vibrant color. I wintersowed some, but the last freeze got them. then I started some more inside and they got moldy before I got them planted :-( maybe I'm not meant to grow MG's. looking forward to pics of the other colors

Don't complain Jan. I can show you pics of them all over my garden!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Victor, I grow morning glories every year and only the Grandpa Ott's reseed like crazy for me. I'm getting rid of those. The others reseed only here and there. The big problem I have is bindweed. I think that stuff could survive a nuclear holocaust. Grrrrr!!! It's making every effort to choke out my clematis. I have to watch it every day, the stinker.

Harper

Well my first one - Star of Yelta - was a nightmare. I planted it 3 or 4 yrs ago and it's everywhere. I just would not chance it unless I was positive I could deadhead every flower. Luckily, I don't have bindweed. Have plenty of other weeds.

Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Beautiful colors! Thanks for posting the pic-I was debating on planting some-have to do it now.....

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

You ARE lucky! Bindweed is a nightmare.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.