Tropical Storm Barry

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

We're under TS warnings tonight and tomorrow with TS watch to the north of Tampa Bay. Max sustained storm winds are expected to be 40- 45 knots. She is also expected to be on land by 1p tomorrow, crossing Florida and then traveling up the east coast.

At least we're getting RAIN!! Finally!

The National Hurricane Center website, NOAA - http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm glad to see the rain down there. Hopefully Barry feels like putting out a few fires. Also hoping it keeps moving north, we could really use the rain up in north Georgia too. We actually saw a little lightning and a sprinkle of rain this evening.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Yeah for Barry.
I was doing raindances all day. Will be out planting in the rain tomorrow.
Sidney

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you Sidney! All that dancing worked!!

Woohoo we're getting great rain and have all night long. I just went out in a lull only to find our rain gauge has vanished. I've had no need to look at it in so long I sure can't figure where it may have gone.

Here's a doppler photo from around 8a

Thumbnail by Floridian
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I guess I was wrong about it being almost over for us.

We're (central Fl Gulf Coast) under tornado watch and severe thunderstorms with possible hail. It has gotten dark again and the thunder is pretty contiuous. The tornado watch goes from below Sarasota to the Levy County line to the north and from St Lucie north to Flagler Counties on the east coat

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Hopeing that tornado warning is just a scare and nothing more.
I walked around and an 8" empty pot with a 5&1/2" base and a 7&1/2 top was full to within an inch of the top. I figure a good 4" soak anyway.
My plants are all very pleased.
Sidney

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Glad FL is getting rain, without the other things that come with a tropical storm so far. I see the tornado watch box is still there, so fingers are crossed. We've been getting Barry's rain since early this morning. Looks like he'll pass just east of us. About 1 1/2" so far and still going pretty steadily. Yay! I think I'll go run around in the rain. :)
Deb

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I had no computer after my last post yesterday but the day and evening turned out to be lovely and windy. That fresh scrubbed feeling after months of dust was wonderful! I hope Barry is spreading lots or great rain up the coast! (Except for Jacksonville where some folks are doing a zoo trip! LOL)

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I'm glad you guys got some on the coast. Barry managed to completely miss us. We had a few drops Friday night but not enough to even measure in the rain gauge.

Jeff

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Jeff: I'm sorry you didn't get a gift yet from Barry. The weather channel was saying last night that they thought inland GA would get rain today and tomorrow. Hope so!
Our rain has lightened to a drizzle now, with some light gusty winds.
Deb

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

The storm is now felt in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, From the Radar Loop it seems to be moving slowly - will have to check the NOAA site.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.