Name this Clematis!

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

I bought this one at Lowe's yesterday. It was the only one like it on the shelf, and the tag I got for it is the wrong one. I know the picture is bad, but I wanted to take it before the flower fell apart. All 5 of the main petals are deep blue-violet, and the center spikes are a few shades lighter. Does anyone have an idea who this could be? I've never grown one before, although I do grow a lot of vines.

Stacey

Thumbnail by QueenB
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Stacey...wow..My Lowe's didn't have any of those..looks like it could possibly be clematis "Multi-Blue"..check out my link and see what you think..of course a newer bloom says more...Jeanne
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=23

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

I got to looking around, and I came to the same conclusion. There's an entry for it in the PF's, and I found this link for it.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/CLMBP.html

Yep, I saw it, and it was screaming for me to take it home. The DH can't gripe, cuz I spent my own money on this baby! LOL

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

You go girl!!..I shop at the Lowe's in Conroe and they need to get more diverse in their varieties of Clematis!!..Enjoy...Luckily I have a "Multi-Blue"..Jeanne

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

How does it perform for you in this neck of the woods? I'm still finding out what won't survive after 3 years in this area...I sometimes wish I was still in Baytown where everything survived the winter. :-(

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Queenie...winters don't affect clematis unless you are in zone 3 or 4 and some are growing them in sheltered areas there!!...I've had mine for 3 years...it's done fine ...the pruning group 2's take longer to get established...try some viticella's aka pruning group 3's ..you'll love 'em....Where is Shepherd Texas?..We are in the same zone...Jeanne

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Um...I have no idea what "pruning groups" are...you'll have to educate me.

I'm not far from you, off Hwy 59, east of Coldspring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.