Iris in the garden setting

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I love seeing the iris portraits, but what I mostly love is viewing the "Big Picture". Here is the start of some of my iris in their beds. Maybe it is 'Caesar's Brother'. But I don't know for sure. But it is a favorite since the early 80's in this bed. Please post yours. ( Boojum please treat us to a thread of yours like you did last year). Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Here are my little favorite and very prolific Japanese roof iris, Iris tectorum 'Album'. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Here is 'Florentina' a ghostly historic beauty a week ago. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Your garden is lovely! I look forward to seeing more pictures as it unfolds! I hope I'll soon have pictures to post but I guess I should get weeding!!

(Zone 7a)

I love seeing the overall garden context within which the flower of the moment is blooming. Have you thought of sharing these with the Garden Design forum? It's new and you would be helping it out.

These pics wonderfully explicate design categories like "blade contrasted with mound" and paths and "background completing the foreground" (&vice versa) and trellis (love the criss-cross) and probably others. Balance between design and plants is tricky, and I think you're setting some great examples here.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Those are lovely 'garden portraits'! YOur overall garden effect really helps to show off your irises too. It's wonderful that you posted these.

~Margie

Lombard, IL

Patti I just planted some Ceaser's Brother. I hope when they grow up they're as beautiful as yours!
-tracy

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Love your tectorums, Patti. Mine are just starting. I have invited people over for next weekend. I hope to be in peak then. Sibs, species, roses and peonies! I started a thread. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/728028/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.