Luna Moth (Actias luna)

Chardon, OH

Thumbnail by Freekiwi
Chardon, OH

I had lived in Ohio my entire 32 years when I first saw the Luna Moth. It was in the garage of my new home in the woods. Five years later, I have seen a Luna Moth each year since! Is this odd? Two years in a row, there was one in my garage, and now two years in a row, we have them at our living room window, attracted to the light. I have photographed them, videotaped them -- it's beginning to be a regular thing! Does anyone know if it is unusual to see them in the same locations, year after year? We absolutely love it. Our house is on the edge of a wooded ravine with all the trees listed as those preferred by the Luna Moth. Also, does anyone know how to get a hold of the artwork of John Cody? I understand he has beautiful watercolor paintings of my beloved moth. Thank you.

New Matamoras, OH(Zone 6a)

Freekiwi;,

I'm not sure how to get a hold of John Cody... Maybe some one at this place could help you out.... http://www.gpnc.org/johncody.htm

Nice pic of the Luna Moth.... I've seen a few out here in Wakeman during the warm summer months... Not just the Luna's, but a wide assortment of moths..... Heavely wooded area on the Vermilion River...

...Dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.