Just for fun .... how many can you name?

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

This is my garden. Second year.

Climbed up on the 6 foot stone pillar and took this picture. Took me ten minutes to get down.

I gotta get in shape.

Anyway, see how many you can name. They are all veggies, except one fruit, and the obvious "it's technically a fruit, but we always have called it a veggie".

The picture is grainy (my wife's cameraphone).

Cheers!

Thumbnail by sublimaze1
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

hm- lettuce and squash?
48 views and no guesses? everybody else must have something better to do than me ! : ^ )

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

The picture is just too small and fuzzy fro these old eyes. Sallyg is probably right about the lettuce as there seem to be several kinds of leafy vegetables, some type of squash is evident, the staked plants may be tomatoes but could be peppers or eggplants for that matter. Since botanically squash, tomatoes, eggplants are all fruits, that little hint does not help either.

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

How big is the dog? Looks like grapes in the corner.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

don't know what you planted but it sure looks good. happy gardening.

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

Sorry about the grainyness of the photo. Will get a better one out soon.

But so far, barricole lettuce is right, tomatoes in the cages, squash and zucchini (the z is right up against the cages so you can't tell)

And - yes - grapes!

Uh, dog????

I see a dog too--white, left side..

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

(re: dog)

Drats! Y'all caught me. Here's the story ...

... but first, to the left of the dog is the butternut squash, and to the right is the ornamental pumpkin (for the kids this fall).

Okay, the story ... my late father in-law had a place in Florida - they lived in Erie PA - and he loved consignment shops. My wife sorta likes them, well, maybe so - but not as much as Hank. Long story even longer, when he passed away, the dog was ready to be abandoned, but the loving son-in-law I am took the dog when the condo was sold. On a side note, Danielle (wife) and I - on our honeymoon - used the Ft Lauderdale condo as a stopping point to the Caribbean. That is where we found the dog, on the windowsill. Laughed hysterically for hours.

Hence the dog. Accepting names :)

Thumbnail by sublimaze1
Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

this is the super chard.

why do I call it that?

I have two plants. they came up from last year.

they have been cut to the nub every four days.

this is what happens.

SUPER! chard, I say !!!!!

Thumbnail by sublimaze1

Hank? in honor...German shepard, Hans.... You could give him seasonal accessories like some people do with those geese by the front door....

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

if this were at all visible ...

kurota carrots

Thumbnail by sublimaze1
Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

Barricole Lettuce

(has a wonderful peanut taste to them. easy to eat.)

Thumbnail by sublimaze1
Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

baby leaf spinach

doesn't do too well here in the hot Tex heat, but with four rows, there is always a salad full each morning. All I have to do is pick ...

Thumbnail by sublimaze1
Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

tomatos (tomatoes, tahmahtoes .... )

theses are supersweet 100s and the right is 444 cultivar ...

Thumbnail by sublimaze1
Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

Left is the 444
immediate right is the first of four zucchini
to the right of that is the sole yellow summer squash plant
you may note the basil right above the zucchini
and three grape vines on three el-cheapo posts - sigh.....

Thumbnail by sublimaze1
Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

By the way, my garden plat is less than 12 months old. I constructed it in June and July of 06 ... had a small crop in fall, and this is my first real go at it for a full season.

The grapes are two vines of seeded and one of seedless. I forgot what I put in the ground (oops) and lost the sheet I wrote it down upon. So when they start producing ... three years from now, I will post a picture in vines for identification.

We have had some great salads. Danielle says she can feel them photozynthesizing as she tosses them :)

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

How about "Scarecrow"?

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Dog's name?

How about "Casper" (partly in honor of the variety of white eggplant by that name) and he is kind of a friendly ghost keeping a nice watchful eye on your beautiful garden.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I like it! (I also like the EP's of the same name. Just planted mine out this am!)

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

Dog:

Scarecrow is OUT, as my tomatoes are going 30% to the birds. :)
Casper is in the running, as is Hans

Went to the Dallas Farmer's Market for the first time in my life this morning. I must say, fun was had by all.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Rut roh! Dang those birds anyway! So eager to share, but never eat the entire thing - just enough to mess them up so you can't eat them.

(Hey! I didn't say he was a good scarecrow!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.