Carpy Carpy day

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

If today gets much worse, I'm going home ....

Looked at my 2007 work goals this morning...

- One is my own, dependant on a global team I lead, and their activities. I've got the team doing a lot of other things, so I took this goal myself, and I'm working on preparation stuff to present to them so we can make an educated decision on it.. Progress? Probably 50%

- Another one, I thought the production folks were going to make system modifications earlier this year, so I set the goal to finish lab stuff based on the modifications. The mod... didn't happen. Apparently I didn't "grease the wheel" enough, because they had a chance to do it, and just didn't bother. Progress? 0%

- One was from last year, dependant on some procedures making it to "official". Well, the drafts are still out there, waiting someone else's work... Until the procedures are approved, I can't move forward with training.. progress 45%

- Another is dependant on getting a vendor on the worksite to work on some equipment. Apparently they just won't fill out their security paperwork, which hasn't been completed for about four years now. Since I can't get anybody to find out why they won't fill it out in the contract group, I have to pester & nag... I'm also trying to get new equipment instead of servicing the old junk we have. Progress.... 30%

- One was making real progress, until a safety audit yielded new equipment idle... safety folks say "the robot could hurt someone.. you can't use it without a box around it"... until we get the box, or convince everyone we don't need it, I can't do diddly.. Progress? 40%

It's a carpy day.. I don't feel like I"m getting squat done. Stuff I said I'd do, I'm not doing. Stuff I knew I had to do also, I've been working on, and so I feel like I've only made progress on stuff nobody knows about unless they ask...

HMPH.. I'm gonna get more coffee & pout more..

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!