Dovely Company

Mesilla Park, NM

These are the neatest birds, they watch me and even when I'm in the kitchen they get on the roof and look into the window.. they stretch their necks, maybe the just want food, or are they normally curious. Sometimes, there are up to 20 of them keeping me company..

we pulled at least 150 feet of Chinese Elm hedges and are almost done with this rockwall.. the birds homes are behind the rockwall in the desert pine trees and also use the Mexican Elders to make nests, there is a fruitless mulberry tree further to the back there where they sometimes all sit, when it did not have leaves, they looked like decorations on it. Hopefully you can see the Doves in this photo.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Marlton, NJ

Hi Gourd! Glad your enjoying the doves!

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Pell,
thank you so much.. they are becoming my new best friends.. there are so many birds here, some white birds with long legs that stick their head in the water when the farmers are irrigating/flooding their fields.. it's neat to see them catch bugs, worms and whatever they are doing.. I have ALOT to learn about birds.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Gourd, your home is lovely - glad you're enjoying the birds (and we all have a lot to learn - even if we've been watching them for a long time!). Keep us posted on what else you see, okay?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.