I need a local source for Heirloom Tomato plants

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone, we got our vegetable garden in on Memorial Day, and by Tuesday, our chickens had ate every leaf off of every tomato plant out there. :(

I had ordered a nice selection of heirloom plants via the internet ................

Does anyone know of a nursery that has heirlooms Tomatoes? I'm in the thumb area, but would be able to drive a bit of a distance. Also, my husband travels about 10 counties for work, so he could pick them up if it's in his area.

Those Chickens are lucky that I love to watch them roam around !%#$@#$!

Thumbnail by Tree_Climber
Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi Tree_Climber,
Your Chickens look very pleased with themselves! I have a few heirlooms: Black Prince, Brandywine, Green Zebra, Rutgers, and Striped German. I sell at the Croswell Flea/Farmers Market by the stockyard on Monday mornings (7am-1pm). Mostly herb plants, but will have the tomatoes with me next Monday. I set up over by the food stand. They put me past the food people rather than with all the plant people. We're not too far from Brown City. Email me if you're interested in any and I'll set them aside for you...grammajeane@yahoo.com
Jeane

the 'you' got connected to my email address so use this one instead: grammajeane@yahoo.com

This message was edited Jun 1, 2007 7:57 AM

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Jeane,

Thanks so much for responding to my plea for help.

Croswell is about a 40 minute drive for me. I'm south of Brown City ....... takes me about 10 minutes or so to get there. Not too bad, and I love to visit Farmer's Markets. I'll email you.

Kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.