Perennial Garden Photos

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Last year we were posting pictures of our whole flower gardens instead of just the single flower picture. I REALLY enjoyed seeing everyones gardens and hope we can continue to post our photos again this year.

I will start off here with a few of mine and hope to see many, many more from you all!!!! Hopefully we can continue this all summer long!

This first one is an island bed I have in my front yard. It's early yet, so it will change as the days go by.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

A shot of my backyard garden. Many changes are coming soon. My lilies are about to burst. I can't wait! I love lilies! But this shot is from this month when 'other' things are blooming. ;o)
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Sherry, that is beautiful. What are the purple flowers towards that back? Is that a type of salvia?

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

One more from the back yard from a different angle.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

pennefeather,
Thank you! And yes, it's called "Blue Queen Sage" (Salvia de Reina Azul).
Sherry

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Sherry, I can't believe you're in z5 and you have all that wonderful color already. your gardens are Beautiful with a captital B. If they look that good in May I can't wait for June! Everything here seems slow to wake up.

jan

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sherry,
Lovely gardens, thanks for sharing the pics.

Kelly

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Sherry. I can see the love and work in your garden.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Really, really lovely. How does that edging work for you in the front bed? And what kind is it? Thanks.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

grampapa,
Thank you! I know that feeling of anticipation. You shouldn't be far behind and it will be wonderful. ;o) Maybe I better check my zone. I think it's right, but maybe 5 or 6??

Kelly,
Thank you! Any photos you would like to share? Would love to see them!

KatyMac,
Thank you! How about some of your garden pics? ;o)

Zeppy,
Thank you! The edging is a concrete curbing and I love it! It makes for a very clean edge and I think it looks nice.

But how come nobody else is sharing their pics? ;o( Is there another thread for this same photo sharing that I am missing? We had a ton of people last year sharing their whole garden shots. I really enjoyed seeing them all!
Sherry

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sherry,
These are photos of previous years, but the gardens are the same. Mainly I collect hostas.

Thumbnail by GardenGeek_WI
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Here's another bed

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

And another

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

And the last pic for now.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Sherrygirl -- all your photos are beautiful. I particularly like the island bed in your front yard. Curved beds hold so much interest! Yours are so neatly groomed.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Wonderful rock edging & hostas, Ggeek!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Zeppy,
Thank You!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Sherry, your gardens is stunnig!!!!!!!!! great pict!!!!!

(Zone 5a)

Sherry - wonderful garden you have - I love the edging - and the plants are gorgeous!

Gardengeek - wonderful hosta collection you've got! Wow :-)

Here's a photo taken a few days ago around 11 pm.

Thumbnail by rannveig
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

rann,
Thank You. Your pic is very nice also. Can't believe Iceland is zone 5a,,,,,,

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I can't seem to get the whole perennial border in one shot.Hope segments are OK .
We call him Nigel.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

The fence border is 64 feet long.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Then the driveway border is 40+ feet and there are always cars in the background.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Other end of drive border.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

and somewhere in the middle.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

GardenGeek_WI,
Beautiful beds! I love the rock edging and the shape of the beds are really nice!

figaro52,
Thank you. ;o) I also am partial to curved beds. They are my favorite. I also have a curvy bed out front that I'm working on. It has been in for several years with a couple trees, an evergreen tree, some bushes and lots of annuals. But I'm starting to work on adding more perennials to it. It's a long, curvy bed, open on both sides, so it's a bit of a challenge to get the right things and then place them in the right places. But I'm working on it.

Kassia,
Thank you! Have any of your own to share with us? ;o)

rannveig,
Very pretty. Is that Veronica in the back? And what is the pretty yellow toward the botton right on the picture?

gardengus,
Wow! That's a lot of garden space! Very nice. And I like Nigel. I like your fern too and the setting around Nigel. ;o). I just planted my very first fern. They are the Japanese Painted Ferns. Hope they do well.

Sherry

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sherry,
Thank You very much.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

GardenGeek_WI,

Your welcome! ;o)
Here's a couple more from my garden. My first lilies to bloom.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Another closer shot.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Another one.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Okay, one more. LOL Sorry, but I just love these lilies!
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Stunning gardens, all of you - in fact, WOW!!!

Sherry, you really have done wonders with your gardens in Eastern WA!!! One of my friends lived in Prosser for many years and she struggled with her gardens (here in Western WA, hers are exquisite), but you seem to have won the war - nice work!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Murmur,
Hi. Thank you for the kind words. It really is quite different on this side of the state. It's like living in the desert in the summer! It was already 97 degrees today and is supposed to be 100+ for the weekend. I drive a school bus and it was miserable HOT in my bus! I can't believe they don't put air conditioning in our busses! Anyhow, next Friday will be our last day of school and then it's summer break!!! Whoooooooo Hooooooooo!!! We are actually warmer than we should be right now. I hope it cools down for the last week of school.
Sherry

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I can't imagine driving a school bus even if it WAS air conditioned - lol - my hat is off to you, Sherry!!! And I hope it cools down for you!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sherrygirl, Garden gus and Gardengeek and all the rest of you have inspiring gardens!! I should be making out bills, but instead here I am looking at all the photos over and over again. Much more fun anyway.

Susan

somewhere, PA

I'm with you Susan... lots of other stuff I need to be doing but looking at all these gorgeous
pictures is a lot more fun!

Its been a very hot week. So much has bloomed in just the last few days. I'll walk the camera
around this morning and post pictures here when I get them downloaded. Let me show you
my greenhouse garden on 5/26. The carnations/pinks & penstemon Hursutis are now in full
bloom so its an amazing difference for just a week!

I love these "show us your garden" threads!

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

lincoln,
Thank You. I'm trying to talk Bill into putting in 1 or 2 more for all of my hostas and companion plants. The existing gardens are a bit crowded.

Kelly

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

My pink & purple bed

Thumbnail by phughes
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

phughes,
Ohhh, very pretty! Love the tall daylilies in the back! And are those zinnias?
Sherry

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks! yes there are zinnias; purple prince and a very similar in color pink one

Patty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.