Peas need help?

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi, I need some input on my SugarSnaps. They are producing pretty well, today I will have my first peas (9, I think) for dinner. As I went this a.m. to check them, I noticed that the lowest leaves have all yellowed and shriveled up. The tops still seem okay. I've been watering, but maybe not enough? Maybe the heat lately (over 80 the last week) is getting to them? Is there anything I can do for them? The peas are great, and I'd like more....
Margo

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

I think my sugar snaps always looked like that.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

I sure hope that's the case. Two days ago, they looked much better, so much so that this jumped out at me. I hope this is just part of their characteristic growth pattern. The tops still look fine:) Thanks, Zeppy

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

As the days get longer and hotter, plants will gradually start to yellow and eventually dry up. It's just the normal progression of the plant. They don't much like hot weather. ☺

Red

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

It's definitely a heat race here this year for peas - snow to 90 in less than a month. My peas sound like they look like yours. They are blooming and producing, however, even though they are short (2 1/2 ft instead of "over 5 ft tall") and look sad. Enjoy your harvest.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.