Blue Light

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

My clems are finally starting to bloom! Here is Blue Light that I got a few years ago. It's been unusuallly windy here this year and the flowers are all taking a beating.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Blue light Truly is breathtaking!!..I planted one last fall and really enjoyed it's beginning vigor and blooms as well..yours is so gorgeous..thanks for sharing...Jeanne

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

My Blue Light has been blooming for weeks, and it's still covered with buds.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Look at all those buds & blooms! Just beautiful!!!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thank you! It's exciting to see one take off like that!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

goldfinch4, I am so glad you posted and included those pictures. I planted "Blue Light" last fall and it is growing, but is small. I thought perhaps the cold climate here in zone 6 Pa. might have affected it.

But if Jeanne can grow it, and you can grow it in WI, I bet mine will also bloom someday.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Here she is at full bloom. Se_eds, I'm sure yours will take off soon. You're going to love this one!

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh my gosh that is beautiful! Mine is growing - about 2 ft. tall, but it is vigorous. Hope it comes back next spring. I have had two clematis in two different locations get the wilt and die back. The first one I cut back to about 2 inches and it is recovering nicely but won't bloom this year. The second one is on a chain link fence under a maple tree but reaches out into the sun. I cut it back to about 3 ft. One one stem left on it. It does seem to growing well again.

goldfinch: The picture above of the full flush of flowers on 'Blue Light' is what everyone aspires too! Excellent!!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thank you Shirley. I am certainly no expert with clems - this one has bloomed like crazy (without much help from me!) since I got it. Guess it must just be in a good location.

I would say you found the perfect spot!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh My ..I want one!
That is gorgeous!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Wow goldfinch, that is beautiful!!!!

Debbie

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Starzz and Debbie - this is one of my favorites!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.