For All of you with wells! Warning!!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey everyone! Yesterday I was washing Dishes and all of a sudden I had no water! Now we have a wonderful deep well that we had dug 5 years ago . the drillers installed a great pump and we have never been without water .
I was so afraid tht the pump had burned up, but there was no evidence of that . The electricity going to the pump was fine and no trip in the current! So we were at a loss and because of the Holiday , there was no one to call that could help us!
A friend, we told our problem too, said he bet he knew what was wrong! He said go and check the regulator switch on the pump for "FIRE ANTS", and if we saw any just clean the points off and reconnect and things should be just fine, after purging the water Tank for any sand and air accumulation! Well ...We saw Ants , and we cleaned the points and purged!!! Sure enough we now have water again!!!! Now who'd a thunk it??????
Apparently the ants are attracted to something in the switch and foul up the points in there activity there! So spray aroung your pump switches for ants, and save yourselves a lot of worry!

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

That was very thoughtful of you to post your message. I'm going to copy it to a folder and save it for any future pump panics! Thanks so much.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

You are very welcome!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Ohh thank goodness that was all.. I thought you were going to say it dried up! :) We are very concerned about the possibility of our well guy digging and not hitting water and still needed to get paid..Not very likely, but can happen as we have been told.

Susan

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Susan, thank Heavens we havent had a low water scare here Yet! Although we do see more granite sand in the pump tank,( according to the well company)! With all the extra running of the pump so we can water our vegetable patch, it has caused a few problems! Not bad but it has warned us to be frugal with the water anyway! Several people in our area are having the same problem with the points not making connections because of the ant thing. Now that we know about the problem we are going to try and keep ahead of the little boogers!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good to know!! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.