I Will Be Off-Line.....

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be off-line for a while because I'm having major surgery tomorrow. Don't want to go into details at this time, but your thoughts & prayers would be greatly appreciated. I'll be back as soon as I'm able.

Shirley

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Take care Shirley! We'll see you back real soon, I hope.

Diann

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Hope that all goes well Shirley. I'll be thinking of you..
Doss

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Godspeed Shirley. Hope to see you back at DG very, very soon!
Louise

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Shirley,
I'll miss seeing you online. My best wishes to your speedy recovery.
Kim

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hope all goes well and you feel better soon.

Marie

Middle River, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Shirley....... It's Janice from Baltimore...... Will be praying that your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery back to good health...... I know everyone here will miss your postings....... and will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers...

God Bless.......... Janice

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

We will miss you, Shirley. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Hope you will be back very soon.

Take care.

Karen

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Hope everything goes well and you'll be back soon!!!

Debbie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My thoughts and prayers are with ya !!..Everything will go fine..hugzzzzzzz...Jeanne

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Brighter Blooms ahead. Hope your doing well.

Gary

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Hope everything goes well with recovery Shirley you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Shirley I hope everything went great for you. Keeping you in my prayers for a swift recovery.
Janet

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Anybody heard how Shirley was doing? I hope things went well for her...

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I received an email from her husband that night..said everything went ok ..she was in a bit of pain..haven't heard since..Hope she is fine and returns soon..WE MISS YOU SHIRLEY!!..Jeanne

Thank you EVERYONE for your best wishes and support.

I'm finally home from Johns Hopkins Hospital and in between naps I try to read d-mails and respond to them. Thank you very much for your support & prayers, which are greatly appreciated!

They performed a scheduled BSO, mass removal & exploratory. However, part of the mass had adhered to the side of my bladder. So, bladder surgery in addition to everything else made for a very long day! I'm told that I was in actual surgery for over 6 hours. The surgeon was very pleased with the surgical outcome, but now we wait for the report from Pathology. Tomorrow, I have to go to my local hospital to have a cysto-urethera gram and make sure that my bladder is functioning properly. On Wednesday, we have my post-op check up scheduled & will hopefully get the report back from Pathology. Your continued good wishes & prayers are greatly appreciated.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's hoping that it's just a benign mass Shirley. You've been through it! Hope that you're healing well.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Dear Shirley, I do hope things turn out well for you and that you are up and out in the gardens in no time! Try to get your rest as much as you can and when you feel like it sit out in the garden soaking up the sun! Please keep us posted.. Take care,

Diann

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Hope you receive good news, Shirley. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Karen

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Still in my thoughts Shirley, just get as much rest as you can in the meantime and make sure you have the remote control near ya.

Be very very kind to yourself and insist that everyone else is too. So glad to hear that you are back at home. You are in my thoughts and I hope all reports come back favorably.

I got fantastic news today at my check-up! The best part is it is NOT a recurrence of the tumor in November and it is NOT cancer! It appears to be a benign tumor that had adhered to my previous incision when I had the Hysterectomy, as well as, to my bladder. Therefore, my recent extensive bladder surgery & reconstruction, in addition to removing the mass & BSO is what I had done last week. Plus, now that my doctor removed the Foley catheter, I can pee "like a lady" again! I know, just what you wanted to hear! :~0

I'm so happy I could sing from the rooftops, but aren't you glad that I won't!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

FANTASTIC!!!! I'm so happy (and relieved) for you! This is the best news I've heard all day! I'm so happy for you!! :) Yay!!! You go girl!

Diann

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Congrats Shirley..I knew you'd get good news...now you just rest and don't overdo it and get back to normal!~!..Hugzzzzzzzz....Jeanne

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

So glad to have you back, Shirley! Such good news!

Karen

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Great news Shirley! Soooo glad to hear you are alright, big smiles :-)))))

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all my Clematis loving friends at DG! You're the best and will help my surgical recovery go that much quicker!

Hugs & Clematis blooms for all!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Shirley,
So Glad to thear the good news!!!! Here's hoping you a fast and full recovery.

Gary

Thanks so much for your get well wishes, Gary!!! Much appreciated!!!!!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Wonderful news, maybe now with less to worry about you can heal that much faster.

Hi Janet! Good to see you on the Clematis Forum! Thanks so much for your very good wishes!!! ((((HUGS))))

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Im just glad your doing better. Now we need to get Darius on the same road as you.

Great to hear your good news Shirley!! You must be overjoyed. Good for you and hopefully you'll be back in the gardens soon.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I personally think that you should be singing from the rooftops but I'll bet that it's awhile before you can make it up there. :-)

What a relief!!!

Thanks so much for your good wishes Louise & Doss!
~~~mi, mi, miii~~~can't quite reach the rooftop, so I'm singing from my keyboard.

Janet: What's up with Darius? I hope she's okay.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I want pics of you singing on the rooftop, or better yet VIDEO.

Darius has been having some problems and recently had her gall bladder removed, she went home after a 2 day hospital stay and then went right back in again. Kim is helping to keep us updated on her.

Having me sing on tape or video would probably 'break' the machine! :~o

Janet: Could you please send me d-mail with a link to the thread on Darius, please?

Middle River, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Shirley..... I'm just seeing your fantastic news !!! I'm just thrilled for you... Aren't we lucky to have Johns Hopkins "right around the corner" ?

A friend of mine was just telling me that her sons drives for a private ambulance company... Just last week he was to go to BWI and pick up a King and Queen from Saudi Arabia and take them to Hopkins...... and for us it's right in the "neighborhood"....

Hope you're physically on the mend and that it doesn't take too long for your to get your strength back...... We've been having some beautiful weather.... hoping you're getting outside some...

janice

Hi Janice,

Yes, we are indeed very lucky to have Johns Hopkins Hospital "right around the corner". I believe that the King & Queen from Saudia Arabia flew all the way to Hopkins. People from all over the world come here for treatment & surgery every day. Many families have to stay in the Baltimore area for an indefinite amount of time and there are hotels and places that give them "patient rates". Thankfully, my DH could visit me before & after work, since he is close by. Once I was discharged, we simply drove home in a very short amount of time. We are indeed extremely fortunate!!!

We are having some gorgeous weather recently and I've taken advantage of it by sitting outside. I'm not able to do much more than that as my energy level is very low & my surgeon gave strict orders to do nothing. Hopefully, I'll get a lot of my pictures from my camera uploaded to the computer, so please bear with me.

Shirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.