Vigna Caracalla

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I just went out to take some pictures and happened to look up at my 2 yr old vigna and lo and behold.
Buds in May. The vines isn't full yet but has several cluster buds. Yipee!

Thumbnail by budgielover
St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Congratulations budgielover! This will be the second season for mine, and I'm hoping for a summer with lots of blooms. I got a few flowers very late in the fall last year, and they were lovely and fragrant.

Erick

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

What time do you leave for work budgiel, and when do you return home? I'm doing a survey. *snicker*

Which job? LOL. My regular paycheck I earn from 7am to 3:30pm M-F.
Shellabella got me hooked on buying/selling foreign currencies which is great because I can check it on and off all evening and during the night (born insomniac).

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Ok, I'll come remove that pesty Vigna Caracalla between 7 and 3:30. LOL : )

I've never heard of buying and selling foreign currencies before. You will have to fill me in at the next RU.

Make that 2 of us. (born insomniac) I can fall asleep anytime, but I'd rather be awake.

~Lucy

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Mine didn't come back this year. I think it may have been too wet and too cold this winter. I dug up the tubers last week and they were mush! If anyone has seeds I would love to trade for some!
Caren

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

I planted some seeds.. I got two of three to sprout... one is about alive and a foot or so tall.. and the others was about 6' tall when it got unwound and put into a big pot with an interum trellis..go
figure..
The last one I had grew so well I gave it away to a bigger home
Caren I must have some seeds left.. what's good there for a trade... Gordon

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

I was the first one to post a picture last year.Very sadly for me it didn't survive the 2or 3 freezes we had this winter.

It did produce 1 pod with seeds so I am trying again.

West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

Congrats Jan!

Mine has a way to go....I had to trim it back to do some work on that trellis.

I got 2 viable seeds from the one pod I got last year. They sprouted and I planted them next to the original vine.
they are growin like crazy.

I expect in a couple of years I will have lots of seed pods and early blooms too.
It's been pretty hot this month and I know they love the heat.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

OH>> I just checked my seed pack.. it's not vigna that I havegoing.. but Phaseolus Caracalla.. butthe one is doingjust fine... I had vigna before.. and I was thinking I had the snail vine this time also.. and I do...vigna is the corkscrew vine.. sorry Gordon

I have both. I love the phaseolus becuase it blooms pretty much year round down here even during the winter, just not as many as summer. The vigna tends to only produce a few months at most and then goes dormant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.