finally!!!

Youngstown, OH(Zone 5a)

I've been waiting seven years for my clematis to grow!!!!! I thought it died years ago! but lo and behold I went out one day and there were big buds. YEAH - I waited for the flowers - when they bloomed they were toward my neighbors yard!!!!!! What a disappointment! I have a shady backyard and the beautiful flowers want the sun!!!!!!! I'm thinking about cutting down the pine tree branches - I'm not sure how much sunlight they need. However, hostas and astibles love the garden!!! ( hubby says I planted it backwards!!!!! )

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations on getting your Clematis to grow! Your diligence, persistence and regular watering has kept your Clematis alive! Do you know which variety it is? Some Clematis need more shade than others. It just really depends which one it is. Please post pictures when the flowers open and we'll try to i.d. it for you.

Youngstown, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Shirley. It has been so long, I don't remember the name of the clematis - but I will go next door and take a picture of it. That would be great if you could name it, then I can buy the same kind, cuz now I want more!!!! I'll try to take a picture today and post it. Thanks again. Happy Memorial Day!!!!!!
shelley

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.