Please help ID fragrant shrub...

Zanesville, OH(Zone 6a)

We have a shrub growing in our yard which is very fragrant and blooms in the spring. It has very small white flowers. Please help us ID it....

Denise

Thumbnail by zville123
Zanesville, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's another picture that shows the flowers open and closed...

Denise

Thumbnail by zville123
Zanesville, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's a close up of the flowers...

Denise

Thumbnail by zville123
Zanesville, OH(Zone 6a)

If you need any other pictures to help ID this plant, please let me know and I can take some more. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Denise

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Denise - check out the ID forum as well...they've always been a huge help!! Your plant looks great btw

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

It looks a lot like privet (Ligustrum sp.) to me.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, it is a Ligustrum--she posted this on ID forum and trees & shrubs as well as here and that's what the people on both those forums thought too.

Zanesville, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm thinking it is some type of privet...possibly european privet. Smells great in the yard. I brought a small cutting of blossoms in and in a small room it had me sneezing my head off LOL. Of course, I have "very sensitive sinuses" as the allergist told me. Something my husband hates when I complain about his work boots :~)

Denise

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

It favored the Chinese Privet hedge that we have here as an invasive. It is the worst for sinuses. I hear more folks complain when it blooms. Myself included.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.