'Chocolate Cupcake' SDB

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

In my chocolate bed I have 'Chocolate Cupcake starting to bloom that I ordered from laurief last summer. I love brown iris. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Patti
That sounds like an interesting garden. Pretty iris, colors are rich in it.
Julianna

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Just love your Chocolate Cupcake.
What other chocolates do you have.

inanda

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Inanda, Thanks. I bought it from Laurief on DG. It is a new bed that I started last year. Here is my list so far of the brownish iris. . Some were planted last fall and some of these are on order for later summer shipments. I doubt that I will see blooms this year for those that were planted last year. I have inter-planted this bed with lots of other "brownish' Blooming or foliage plants. And I think I have already lost a couple of the new iris because of the strange weather of last winter and because the dogs have yet to recognize this as a 'bed'. I have two very bouncy Border Collies and this bed is along a deer fence where the deer get great pleasure at teasing them from just the other side in a nice yard of a house that is not occupied in the winter. The bed may be doomed. Though I think I will fence it off for this winter. Lesson learned. Some other things seem to be missing too (mondo grass, Rubrifolia Armeria, Mazus radicans, Digitalis obscura and some Heuchera). Patti

Ringer
Chocolate Bits
Bronzaire
Chocolate Cupcake
Chocolate Swirl
Navajo Pride
Cimarron Strip
Tantara
Morocco
Rustler
Butter Pecan
Sonoran Sands
Champagne Elegance
Invitation
Orageux
Private first class
Tiger shark
Owyhee Desert
Wild Jasmine
Different Flavors

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Thank you thank you thank you. I have an IB that I've been trying to ID. Looks quite like Choc. Cupcake but taller. It is driving me MAD not to be able to ID it. So now I shall go look at all those in the registry and see what I can see.

Wouldn't Gingerbread Man work well there too?

inanda

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

You have to get Death By Chocolate from Snowpeak

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Wild Jasmine is supposed to be a good parent. Sorry It was sold to someone during our iris sale. Death by Choc. is indeed on MY SP order x in spades.
inanda

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

It is so interesting for me to see my irises blooming in other folks' gardens around the country. It never fails to fascinate me how extremely different the same iris can look growing under different conditions. Chocolate Cupcake is so much darker and browner in my beds. There's nothing of that orangy-yellow-gold color here.

Just one more reason why attempting to identify unknown irises through photos really doesn't work.

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Laurie, this is my Chocolate Cupcake I bought from you last year. I love it!

Bonnie

Thumbnail by hooked

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.