A regular tree hibiscus

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I love the color of the bloom.....I don't grow hibiscus so this may be another ordinary bloom....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

This one is not common at all in the retail trade.Called either 'chocolate high' or Jim Berry, goes by both names.If it was a tree form it would be a great addition to a collection.

Kyle

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Maybe I might have to go back and get it!!!!! They were over 6 ft. tall and were marked 24.00
Does that sound right? I just love the color, Kyle

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Thats an awesome price for this variety in that size.

:-)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

thanks....I love the people on DG....
gail

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous Gail . Snatch that one up.
Patti

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello, Patti!!!
I will go back tomorrow afternoon as they only had two....this particular nursery gets in wonderful plants, but never in big numbers.....then, you may never see it again....

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Wow Gail!! You've definitely got to go back and get it. Lovely bloom :-)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Did you get it?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

NO....I have been playing with my plants all day.....tomorrow I have to there anyway to pick up something else....I will get it (I hope!!)

My thinking is....most people think that almost brown is an ugly color so they won't buy it until I get back....(LOL)

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

gail, many people would trade their first-born for that one.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

OK.....you all have me worrying....I will call the owner, Kim and ask her to put sold on it until I get there......
Vossner, you are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (trade their first-born for a plant (LOL)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

you will all be happy to know that I called this morning....they are tagging one variegated leafed one and this one.....have to pick them up today or tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do ya think I am happy???? A big yes is the answer..

and you didn't even have to give up your child. whew!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Good Golly Miss Molly...............Vossner......i can hardly wait to use that expression when my children are around.....they will faint (ROFL)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok, ladies.....not only did i bring them home for 24.00 each, I found out that someone had made a mistake in marking them. She was more than willing to sell them for their mismarkings by an employee.....(because I live there) They had been changed to one was 39.00 and the other was 45.00........
Here are some quick pictures I took.....i would have taken more but I thought I was going to pass out in the middle of the day...the temps were 90 with a real feel of 102 accu weather said....humidity is close to 100% today.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

These hibiscus are really big in size....like 3 gallon containers...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I wanted about 25 different ones..

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

The sun was sooo bright you can't really appreciate the soft pink of this one

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

simple but exquisite

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

one more i wish for

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmmm...If I were you I would start propagating that tree hibiscus, and place me on the list..hehehehe they are all cool looking...

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

If I could get some landscape plans from the lady who owns this nursery I could buy more.....but without a plan out here in the country, i hate to get carried away.......I have two great tree hibiscus....I think I posted the other on the hibiscus forum,too.......Right now, there is no foliage on this beauty of a tree, but there will be lots before the summer is over!!!!!You remind me....

Ooooooo, great buys GG. I especially love the two white ones.

I think that last one, the double pink, is an older variety. Had one like that in my last home and it was constantly in bloom.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

oooh...that white one ...do you know the name..? I had ordered a Taiwanese white hibiscus seeds and got something else...it is related to the okra family...I! that picture looks just like the one I wanted...what nursery is this..
Hope you gave it a good rating....(snicker)
Rj
this is what I got in place of the white hibiscus

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, I know what that one is.....it will get giant and turn in to a tree, but it is gorgeous as a tree covered in blooms...

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I want everything.....nothing greedy about me???????????????

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am almost through as I had to quit...heat too hard on me

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

getting close to the show being over

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

last one....then i will give you the name of this nursery......it is listed in Go Gardening

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

go have fun.....they have lots of 'goodies'

Thumbnail by gessiegail

I am lusting BIG time over the double white. After my wonderful ladies lunch today I had to ck out the neighborhood nursery and noticed their hibbies, although gorgeous, were priced at $50. I don't remember them being so pricey ever.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I have to go watch the rest of "So You Think You Can Dance"....be back at 8:00
I am not sure but I think these pots were 25.00...but i would have to check (I need a new keyboard....the shift button is getting hard to capitalize)

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Wow, awesome price for lovely plants! No wonder you want them all :-) One can NEVER have too many hibiscus, lol!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think our nurseries need to pick up on some of these hibiscus..we don't see them here... perhaps another review is needed....buaaahahaahahahah.!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

RJ.....come on, you are only 3 hours away.....come on down and we will take you to some good places.......

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds good..you know I'm like you..I'll load my automobile up until it can't fit another thing!

No fair Nery, I saw the double white first!!!!

Very, very green with envy here; I want to go to Texas and buy hibiscus. LOL

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

(Breaking news) (LOL)

My lab pups knocked the two hibiscus trees over and chewed on the main stems?????? I now have lots of "cuttings" but someone will have to tell me the best way to root them......I do have plenty of gro- lights inside the house with bio-domes, etc.....unless you know of a sure way outside on the front porch to do this????

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I want you to get to share in my joy this morning when I saw what my lab pups had done to my new hibiscus trees.....lots of big limbs and cuttings to do!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.