Need help Siberian ID

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I lost the tag on this siberian, any ideas?

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Kathy, I don't know which cultivar it is, but it's a Japanese. Do you know what Japanese you put in that bed. If you feel/ see the leaves you will find a ridge down through it, that indicates it's a Japanese Iris.

Greenwich, OH

Kathy: Your iris is pretty!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL, I figured that out this eveningwhen I took another picture and saw how big it was. Look how big it is now.

here's another picture of it.

I haveno idea which one it is.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Kathy, could it be Hegira?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

looks similar but the hegira is a tad darker.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

My Hegira is lighter like yours. What Japanese Iris have you purchased. Been in any co-ops?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have no idea, I planted all my coop jap iris in one place, and planted all my siberian trades in another, this is in with the siberian trades LOL

go figure. Do you have a picture of your hegira? the name sure sounds familiar

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I don't, sorry. I'll get a picture when it blooms this year. It is a common one, also, and I think it was offered in the Aitkens co-op, if you were in that last year.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, then, I'll go back and check the coop and see if I ordered that one . maybe that will help id it for sure.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, I did order this one from the coop and That's what it is, that picture in the coop looks alot like this one I have here. so I guess this mystery is solved LOL

thanks for all the help

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.