Stop Me, I am Unable to Quit....

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I was going to order one clem. from Brushwood..one for me, and three for a friend...well they take $5 off for each three that are ordered..so six all together...3 for me, and 3 for her....I kept gasping, when I would see another one, from my list... I got:
Hakueri
Occedentalis
Integrifolia alba
those three, are for me

and my friend, got...
Ernest Markham
The Vagabond
Madame Baron Velliard

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Melva..LOL..Welcome hon to the clematis world of Addiction..I know exactly what you mean....I keep finding myself "tucking" clematis in all and any spot I can find because I want one of each the planet has to offer!!...Congrats..Jeanne

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I have a relatively small north-facing balcony, and I do what you do, Jeanne. I have three so far. One I've had for five years or so, and it blooms pretty well in the shade which is surprising and which is what got me addicted! LOL

Thumbnail by revclaus
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Regarding Clematis, it is best not to pay attention to any semblance of logic zipping around one's brain. There is no cure for this, so it's best not to create conflict for yourself.
The very fact that they can be tucked in here & there and behave themselves, places them in a totally different category: just think of it as "Clem. acquisition vs addiction".
In fact, it is illogical NOT to have lots & lots!
In my area, they herald the arrival of the true Spring, not this coldwet season that is known as such.
Besides, how could I not want to view up close such magnificent flowers?

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

"The President"

Thumbnail by Katye
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Well, it is a cross addiction..as roses have been an addiction for years now...and plants in general have been a problem all my life...I blame my Mother, for that...she was the same way.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

LOL Melva, I now envision all my roses intertwined with clematis. Even the minis could have a nonvining clematis tumbling on the ground around them....like durandii

Thumbnail by venu209
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Melva: I do believe you've been bitten by the "Clematis bug"! Sorry, there is NO cure...only more and more Clematis for your garden. Since Roses & Clematis are gorgeous paired together, I know this wonderful addiction will continue for many years to come! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

revclaus: Beautiful Clematis! Now they have "patio" Clematis which are shorter growing and our perfect for balconies & containers.

Katye: Welcome to the Clematis forum! I love your blooms!

venu: You're like me & Jeanne....totally smitten by Clematis! Welcome to the club!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

You are right, of course...and what is lucky for me, (and Karen) is rosethyme, also lives here in Denton, so we enable eachother in roses, and in clematis (as if, either of us, needs any enabling LOL!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.