Blooms!

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

My Henryi and Candida are blooming. Thought I'd share a few pictures...

Here's Henryi:

Thumbnail by KarenB61
Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

And Candida...

Thumbnail by KarenB61
Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Another one of Candida...

Thumbnail by KarenB61
(Zone 4a)

Wow just stunning! I love the look of the white clematis flowers - so elegant looking! Thanks for sharing! Yours look great!

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you. I'm very partial to the whites myself. There's nothing more stunning than a huge, bright white flower, especially in the evening.

I have one other white one, Arctic Queen, but its still very young and hasn't bloomed yet. My other one is Sunset, which is purplish-pinkish-red.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen..your clematis are absolutely stunning!!!..I find white clematis in the garden really make everything just pop!!..Thanks for sharing...Jeanne

Poland, ME

Breath taking!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Karen. if you want a huge white, get yourself a Marie Boisselot.

Flowers can get as wide as my handspan, about 8 inches.

Mine are just in the bud stage now. Should open mid June here.

Marie in ME

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Karen, Candina is Beauiful and soooooo full!!! Love it!! How old is she?

Questions about your pillar she's growing on. Did you put the pillar in front, behind or right around the Clematis? Did your have to wrap wire around it to climb?

Debbie

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous!

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Candida is in her 3rd year. I bought her from the local nursery, so I don't now how long she was growing before I got her, though.

The pillar is placed in an odd spot. I wanted to place it directly on top of the vine, but the rose next to it had gotten pretty big and they would have been too close together. So I moved the pillar about 6 to 8 inches over to the left, and pulled the vine up through the bottom. It wasn't an easy task, since it had been growing sort of on and around itself on the previous trellis and was pretty tangled. My husband and I did it together, since it would have been impossible to do alone. He held the pillar up, and I pulled the vine up through it the best I could, since it was tangled all together. I did it in late winter this year, so any branches that snapped I called "pruning." lol...

My Arctic Queen is growing on the same kind of pillar in my backyard, but this time I got the pillar and the vine at the same time, so I put the pillar in first, and planted the vine directly underneath it.

I don't have any wires or netting or anything else for them to climb on. They seem to do just fine with just the pillar itself.

Hope that helps!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

The Candida is STUNNING! I must have one! Beautiful, I was going to ask how old it was - but you already said the magic number - 3!!

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Just gorgeous! I love white flowers...they show up so well at night.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the info Karen. I have a ton of group 2 growing on a 4' chain link fence and next year, some are gonna need something taller. I like the pillar idea. You could even stick one of those out in the middle of a flower bed.

Thanks,
Debbie

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

* in case anyone wants an economical pillar - I got three of them at Lillian Vernon fairly inexpensive - they are plain, but the vines cover them up anyway.... some vines needed a help between the spaces so I wrapped them with bird netting. They are easy to put together, I think they cost about $15.99.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Absolutely, positively gorgeous! Those Clematis really make a statement! In the evening, white flowers are easier to see and enjoy during the twilight hours.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.