so, when do I get to kick his butt?

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

or as Jenks did to her boys, sit on him? Pagan recommended "bringing up baby" and I'm ordering that but we need to figure out how to get him to stop bucking/kicking at the slightest thing that bothers him. If something scares him, he bucks. If something makes him mad, he bucks. We are both black and blue from this boy. He's as sweet and can be and smart and learns quickly. I can get him to do just about anything by scratching his withers and telling him he's a good boy....I just can't get him to stop doing things. He walks very well on lead line and I have no problems putting his halter on/off. When I take him out into the pasture, it seems his favorite game is to run at me as fast as he can. He will either veer to one side or the other at the last min, or skid to a stop...kind of like a game of "pasture chicken". I stand my ground and he's only run into me once. In addition to the bucking I mentioned, he will lean his entire body into me...he outweighs me now by about 40-50lbs minimum and can and has knocked me over doing this. He also nibbles almost nonstop...not sure if it's teething or hungry (he's like a goldfish, always hungry). I've tapped the side of his cheek with a sharp NO, knocked on his withers and butt and physically pushed him off/away from me. These all sometimes work, but not often enough. So, he was 3 weeks old on Wed...can I kick his butt yet? or do I have to be a nice mommy for a while longer?
Here he is out in the pasture with his ball. He likes to run by it and buck at that too.

Thumbnail by DevilDogs
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!