Canna Leaves

Riverview, FL

The leaves of my Canna are turning brown. It's only happened recently. They are brown only on the tips and on the very edges of the leaves, the leaves themselves are a lush green.

I keep my Canna indoors however it gets bright light in the morning and direct light in the evening because I have it directly in a window. I water infrequently because it seems to do the best when I don't water too often.

It has only started to brown on the edges since It's been blooming. It bloomed once about a month ago and then I cut the stalk back, then another stalk sprang up and bloomed. These blooms are sticking around much longer now.

About a week ago I fed it some Miracle Gro Bloom Booster.

I just want to take care of my new friend. Of all my plants this canna has been the best at not needing as much water and resisting bugs. I'd hate to lose this cutie. Any clues as to why it is turning brown on the edges only? Thanks.

Thumbnail by darkempress2003
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm curious for you to get an answer fr someone who knows.
I would normally say if my houseplants turn brown on the ends, that they need more water but they are not cannas.
Waiting anxiously for an answer with you.
:~)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

well it might be not enough water if its makeing blooms it needs fert and more water cannas are a very heavy feeder and they like water Paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.