time to make two more markers.... help

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

who is this pretty mauve girl?

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

this looks more pink in the picture.... in real life it looks mauve.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Don't know, but is a beautiful one.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Kinda Looks like Clematis "Hagley's Hybrid" to me...Jeanne
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=196

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

.. it does look like that, and I remember planting one, but it says late bloomer jul-aug - ?? is that weird, I wouldn't think I'd get early blooms here in Oregon ?? but, I'm sure you are right, I do remember buying that variety. Thank-you Jeanne!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I don't go by that stuff you read about blooming times for clematis..'cause that can vary from zone to zone..Heck my Hagley's already bloomed along with all my other pruning type 3's and I've repruned and fertilized and they are starting to grow again..what zone are you..I am in zone 8B..most people in zones 7&6 are just now seeing them bloom because they are a couple months behind me..Mine start emerging the end of Feb. middle of March...so figure when yours start and you'll be able to calibrate for yourself...Hope this helps...Jeanne

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

It does help Jeanne - I'm 8b as well, but I think you're blooms are a bit ahead of mine by a couple weeks? Still, that makes it all clear. Thanks again, Jeanne - I've learned so much about clems from you !

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

You are so welcomed!!..I have a very long growing season ..do you??...Jeanne

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

I had to take a flashlight outside to see if I had that one. I thought I did, but I guess it's just on my list of wants. LOL

Yours is beautiful!!

Debbie

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I would say yes, probably not as long as yours.. things start dying off when it gets cold at night around October... I bet you warm up sooner in spring than we do ? I believe our avg last frost time is May 10th - I have to admit, I like having 4 seasons, as much as I get tired of the rain by February : (

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I start Pruning my Clematis and Roses around Valentine's Day and we get what we consider cold in January..March is Spring for us...I have flowers from then until sometimes in December..heck..I've worn shorts some Decembers..My Camellias always bloom in December..heck last year I had clematis "Florida Alba Plena" blooming in January..I'm a real whoose and don't like winter..I find 45 degrees freezing!!..We have kinda like three seasons..cool spring type weather from Feb to early mayish..then summer from End of May till August...then Indian like cool weather from Sept. till late Nov. early December ...and January is cold or what I find to be cold...I hate cold weather..and I think the older ones get the harder it is on a person....mid Feb..starts getting nicer ..we have rainy falls and winters and spring...that is why fall planting is the best time for us..I told you I'm a whoose!!...Jeanne

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol Jeanne you are funny ! --- it gets very cold January/February, so the only thing blooming in March is hellebores, crocus and pansies... and maybe the early bulbs daffodils & such later in the month. A clem blooming in January - no way! I'll admit, the weather during February sends me into a mild depression, which I combat by ordering alot of plants for the spring.... this has got to stop! I agree, the older I get the more sun I need... but snow days are fun.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Another beautiful Clematis bloom!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you Shirley & Deb - what is blooming for you two right now???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.