holding sick hummer-need guidance - please help

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

i am holding him and trying to feed him while waiting for call from rehabber. appreciate any guidance

Marlton, NJ

Sorry scutler besides what your already doing I can't find anymore info right away.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Thanks, pelletory. I called 2 animal hospitals, but none handled small birds. I got bounced around to 3-4 rehabbers. I was hoping someone could help me with what to do for him while I waited for the rehabbers to get back in touch.

The rehabber I finally reached who handled birds said it sounded like I was doing everything right, but from my description she didn't think he would live. He died while she was talking.

Thanks so much for trying to help me find info.

Marlton, NJ

Sorry to hear that. You were so nice to be with him during all that time.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Scutler, bless you for trying.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Thank you, pelletory and Murmur, for your words of comfort. I am feeling much better today. I didn't expect it to bother me as much as it did, and I kept telling myself that I wasn't "supposed" to feel so down, but I was. Last night after he died, I took a long nap. When I awoke I felt much better. Today I am better still. I only feel down when I see something (like the hbird feeder or the branch I found him on) that reminds me.

Last night in my urgency to get help for him both local an online, I placed this request on several DG Forums. After my nap when i downloaded the photos I'd been taking before I found him, I posted the picture I took [of the back of him] before I realized he was sick: http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3533503.

Again, thanks for your kind and comforting words, and thanks to all who have stopped to read this thread hoping they might be able to help.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Bless your sweet heart for helping the little guy. I sounds like you made his last moments better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.