Bluestone's Sale for the late blooming Cottage Gardener!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, everyone!

FYI If you are still planning and planting, I just noticed Bluestone Perennials "1/2 OFF SALE" is going on until May 31.

I ordered a bunch of Japanese Anemones for the Fall Garden but they have lots of other things, too.

http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/6/

Small plantlings, but they generally grow well and the price is right. IMHO

I ordered a bunch of Japanese Anemones for the Fall Garden but they have lots of other things, too.

Thumbnail by tabasco
Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Tabasco! I ordered a bunch of stuff! Love half off sales! I had just gotten my first order from them and was very pleased with the plants. The nicest ones I have ever received. I have to email them that also! Now to figure out where to put them all!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey thanks for contributing to my addiction!! .. Going to see :)

Susan

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Uh oh....

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Problem is I'm finding all these "unusual" perennials and then finding out they aren't great for the south :( They need to have them arranged by area.. or am i missing something? :)

Susan

I suppose you will just have to read the fine print and look for your zone. I don't see a search function by zone on their site either....

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

...no... must.... resist.... bluestone....oh..no - AHHH!!!!!!!!

Beachwood, OH

If you go to the Online Catalog tab you can search by zone http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/adv_search_mod.html

Starting June 7, they have their annual sale at the greenhouses, where perennials are $1.50 and shrubs are $4. Tabasco - you ought to drive up and see northern Ohio!

Yes! Good idea!

Have you been to the sale? Is it a mob scene?

Not that I need more plants...!

Oh, I see for Bluestone zone search you have to click on the 'advanced search' under the little search box on the home page?

This message was edited May 27, 2007 1:49 PM

Beachwood, OH

Click on Online Catalog at their Home Page and you will come straight to the search function. the top box is Zone.

I have not been to the sale per se, I always go up just after and have satsified major plant lust then. The prices at the greenhouse remain at the low prices after the June Sale. Its just that the Sale lets you look at better plants that aren't picked over. Plus its fun to be in the frenzy- right?

I'm told they open at 8 am, but the word from those who go every year is you get there at 7 am and do your shopping before the crowds come. My friend that I'm going up with this year says she went last yr at 8 am and there were already people leaving with flats of plants. I've gone through their online catalog and made a short list of things that I will hopefully stick to. !!!!! Yesterday I worked at the Cleveland Botanical Garden's Garden Show and did a smidge of shopping. I picked up a dwarf gold chamaecyparis that is supposed to only go to 2' at maturity. Want to add some winter 'bones'.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.