White spots on nemophila, mildew?

Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

These white spots appear as dots, not typically powery mildew as I have seen it before where it it more blotchy.

Thumbnail by Tammylp

Looks like the beginning of powdery mildew sporulation to me. Give it a few weeks and see what you think then. Sheesh, you really are getting hit with fungal infections across the board aren't you. You poor thing.

Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

YES I AM! We have had a hot spring, lot of 80 degree weather that is unseasonably dry. This is my first year starting many plants inside with no damping off; they were growing great. Now that I am hardening them off, they all seem to be having problems. If it's not the raccoons or groundhogs digging them up, they are infected with with brown spots/edges or white spots, or just losing their color, turning light green/yellow.

Most of the plants that are showing symptoms are young, can I spray them with Neem oil while still in a pot?

Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

Pixie Lupines, just when they are a good size to plant out, they get stricken! Does this look like all the same problem that is just spreading? I have never sprayed much; I hate chemicals; but this is a lot of time and work to do nothing and allow them all to look horrible and die. Maybe I should just spray all with Neem and see what happens.

Thumbnail by Tammylp
Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

another

Thumbnail by Tammylp

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.