found pictures taken in '87

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You can see that we had not discovered coleus back in the 80's...I scanned a few pics

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

back in the 80's I used to have a small container business for realtors only....I lived in Houston at the time ....so many houseplants were used for patio containers..

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

These are really 20 year old scans of pictures...but I am walking down memory lane!!! Please indulge me (LOL)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I just sat on the patio everyday making containers

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I have forgotten all about lisianthus!!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I love creeping jenny

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I still never get tired of green and white combinations

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

promise i won't post but a couple more!!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

OK I quit....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Those are great! Just sit out on the patio and put together containers? Sounds like a good job to me!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

best job for the money I ever had!!!!! (LOL)

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

How fun! I started container gardening outside in '85. You've inspired me to go look for all my old pics. I remember a lot of them, but to find photos would be a great project.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

It is worth the effort I promise as I had forgotten all about some plants that i used a lot in containers....

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Wow, those are just gorgeous! That does sound like a wonderful job. But how could you bear to part with them?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I needed the money!!!!!! I would make at least 25 a day.....and they would go out in two days......giving them a chance to settle in their new containers...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.