Need ID Pretty Blue One

Poland, ME

Can you tell me what this one is?

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

If no one can answer your question and you can't bear to have an unknown clematis in your garden, you can dig it up and send it to me. :) Not going for it, are you? :) LOL

Diann

Poland, ME

Sorry but this is growing in someone else's yard! And I doubt they would appreciate it! But thanks for the offer, Ticker!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I think what you have pictured there is CLEMATIS STANS

Very pretty.

Kim/Maine :)

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Aw, rats.. :) I was just trying to be helpful. ;) LOL

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Kim
Glad to meet another Mainer who likes clems.

Marie in Gardiner

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Sent you a D-Mail Marie :)

Kim

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

what a pretty little bloom!.. she's kind of shy ; )

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Ah, how cute!!! It looks like 'crispa'. Do you have a pic of the front of the bloom? Here's some not so great pics of mine. The pic is washed out, it's darker than that.

Debbie

Thumbnail by baja220
Manchester, United Kingdom

It is clematis crispa! Nice one, too.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

So, it is not Stans? I just got that one and I was thrilled if the flowers look like that! I also have Crispa and that was my guess as to what it could be.

Manchester, United Kingdom

Actually I have a new crispa seedling in flower at the moment and I'll try and take a pic and post later. There was a thread here about crispa a few weeks back, (but no time to search for it now). Stans is a different type of clematis altogether, producing flowers which look, on an individual basis, a little bit like the crispa urn shape, but only superficially. Any resemblance ends there. Stans produces flowers in "clusters", and stans is a completely different group, type and habit, of clematis, whereas crispa flowers are much larger, different in form, and produced individually.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

What a dainty little flower. Very pretty

I have ssome of the prettiest clematis this year and every winter i cut them to the ground and they come right back the following summer so huge. i have 5 differant colors

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Gogitter, cool, take some pictures and post them, ok? :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.