almost ready

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

to plant. right now i am hardening them off.
here is the basil

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

heres the cheese peppers

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

here are my maters

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

finally when itstime to plant i will be putting them into the five gallon containers and then will run a soaker hose through them. the hoser will rest right on top of the soil. will later put up nylon netting to hold the tomatoes up.

i bought the metal table from www.farmtek.com. it is called a greenhouse bench and it is 4 ft wide by 10 ft long and should look better than having the containers on the floor.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

You sure are doing something right, herbie! Those look great. I really need that table, too!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I can't get over how terrific those peppers are looking! Mine pale in comparison!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

these are the biggest pepper plants that i have ever grown. i sure hope they turn out to be what i as hoping for.

sequee - i took your advice and used the water i boiled veggies in plus the juice from cans of veggies. all the plants are pretty big. in fact, tonight i placed each plant into an empty 5 gal container and will leave them out overnight. weather is startin to look good and over night temps are o.k.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Glad your weather is good. I sent it up there, by the way -- but the only thing God had to replace it with was heat. So enjoy it.

Austin, TX

Those are some fantastic seedlings! Sad to say, but they look better than the ones I've had in the ground for a few weeks now. It's my first year vegetable gardening and starting plants from seeds. SO JEALOUS!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Looking good Herbie!

By Georgia has gotten me spoiled. When I first started reading you posts, I was like "Why hasn't Herbie planted out yet"

Can you send us some rain?

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

bunsengirl - one small step at a time. isn't it great starting from see. we are all here to help you if ou need it.

bb - for the past few days have been getting sunny weather. will be planting out sat and sunday.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.