I am back!!!!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hello every one!!!! I missed you guys!!!!!! I came back to a gorgeous day and to some good/bad surprises.... nevertheless I am so excited to be back.... I loved San Diego, but MA is home!!!! by all means!!!!

had a great time... Steph, Mark and Higgins are a joy to be around.... what a good time I had with them.... I started a thread on the rose forum... but I will post the link tomorrow.... I came back sick.... the desert was tough on me!!!!! so dry I could spit a brick! My sinuses are acting up and rigth now the cough I had is worse.... it hurts when I cough!!!!!!! but it was worth!!!!

good surprises: 4 irises blooming.... from the old ones... tons of new leaves.... and fat aphids.... how could I get inside the house??? so sick or not that were things to kill!!!

NO activity on dahlias... AL my friend what can I do???
well, I will post more tomorrow!!!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/726279/

that's some of the picts@!!!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Kassia, I hope you are feeling better. Take care friend :-)

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome back Kass and feel better! Allergy to roses??

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

to roses????? never!!!!!!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I was watching the Weather Channel and they had a map of reported influenza cases - showed California and Massachusetts (and other places as well).

Is it normal to have influenza at this time of the year in the U.S.?

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

not really... usually the flu season is fall/winter...

I am at work today... pretty good to be here.... I miss the plants!!!!!lol!!!!!!!!!

have all the annuals to plant today!!!!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Welcome back Kassia!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I just went to the bathroom. I'm now back too!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Too much information, Victor!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Victor, thanks for not staying there forever.... we miss you too much!!!!

oh you dahlia lovers... NO activity on the dahlias??? what should I do??? they were planted in nice soil, watered and NO show... more than a month now!!!!

ok, some pics that I think you guys may enjoy....

Dr Don's ranch

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

his dahlias are "caged" and doing well!!!!! I have dahlia envy!!!

some cactus .... gigantic ones

Thumbnail by Kassia
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi Kass - welcome back.

I would love to go to Don's place, he is a good guy - I wish he would be on DG a little more.

I would dig down and check out your dahlias for signs of life. I do still have tubers if you needed some.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Al!!!! so good to hear from you... I will dig then tomorrow and check.... could I have planted too deep??? I gave them bone meal and blood meal... is that bad for them???
thanks for the offer.... I will let you know... I planted 6 that Andy gave me (Bishop's children) and nothing on them either...

Al, make it to the RU next year at Dr Don's... it's trully a great place to see, so many plants and the purple cactus are gorgeous... and he and Pam are trully great people....

I told him you said to ask about the dahlias and we had a great conversation .... he really did a lot to keep them straight! really great cages... very talented people...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.