Can anyone identify?

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I know from growing daylilies that it's darned near impossible to ID something without a tag, but I am really confused about this one.

I found this growing snugged up in and amongst Opalette (IB) today. I have never seen it before. It appears to be an SDB, but I have never had anything that looked even remotely close to it, and I don't have any irises that don't have an ID.

I wonder if it might be a seedling, but it has such an old fashioned look that I'm not sure. I really like it though and I think I am going to keep it and see what kind of seedlings it gives me.

Looking forward to your best guesses!

Thumbnail by IndaShade
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I don't know who your little lovely is, but I LIKE it! Those white beards are absolutely striking against the purple falls. Wonderful!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I had 2 hitchhikers show up in a clump of Tropical Butterfly I got from Tazzy. One was a stray of her own hybrid that she thought had died and one was one she hadn't seen bloom in 7 years: Mulberry Snow! Maybe you had a little baby root tag along. You might ask the grower what was planted near your Opalette....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.