Homemade wrinkle remover (fabric)

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Wrinkle remover
Spray wrinkled clothing with a mixture of 1 part white vinegar and 3 part water. Mist evenly, shake and hang to dry. The wrinkles come out immediately and the vinegar smell disappears in 10 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've made this and it works perfectly. I was buying Downy Wrinkle Remover for DH ( he hates ironing). It was expensive and I'm trying to eliminate as many unnatural things from our daily lives as I possibly can. I don't know why this never occurred to me...I remember my Mom and my Grandma using a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water to do the same thing.

I have a question. I'm new to essential oils and I'm wondering if I can add some to this mixture of if it would react somehow to the vinegar. The vinegar smell really does go away after about 10 or 15 minutes, but I would like a nice scent left behind. That's one of the things that DH likes about Downy. I have access to a lot of essential oils and I want to try it, but don't want to waste it either! :)

Thanks!
Michelle

This thread has 50 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!