I am watching this one for possible Introduction

And this seedling was runner up to Pond Angel for the Alice Boulin Award
:)
A

This message was edited May 29, 2007 8:23 AM

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

02VSu01 Versicle X Unknown
This one opened very late in the season for the first time last year and was promptly scorched with the heat despite being in the pond. She is blooming with the rest of the versicolor and putting on a great show

This Past Weekend POND ANGEL Won the Alice Boulin Award for the best seedling of a Region 4 Hybridizer growing in the garden

This message was edited May 29, 2007 8:22 AM

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is the First Mesa Pearl Siberian Seedling to Open

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is the second. small flower and the cuping of the falls did not go away which was too bad she's a pretty little thing

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

the third Mesa Pearl seedling
Large flat flowers love the ticking in it

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is the 8th Mesa pearl seedling the rest have not opened as of yesterday. Very tall stately

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Here is a clump shot of #8

Thumbnail by avmoran
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Anita,

Congratulations on your award and runner-up!!! I am so pleased to see versicolors getting that sort of recognition. Your 02NVMFu01 and 02VSu01 are both little beauties that I would be proud to have growing in my beardless bed.

Keep up the great work!

Laurie

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This seedling is a cross between a Siberian and Versisolor

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is a sibling to the SPEC-X above that we thought we lost. We only had two germinate and tried to place one in dry garden soil and lost it. Well at least one rhiz is still alive and well in the waterfall still

Thumbnail by avmoran
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Congrats Anita! They are all lovely.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

THis is another white versicolor with Blue veining has 5-8 buds just a real nice flower

Thumbnail by avmoran
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

The SPEC-X sib is a very elegant flower. I like it. I hope it will increase in your waterfall.

I'm also fond of the third Mesa Pearl baby. Looks a lot like mama.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is a registered seedling that may never be introduced. She loves being a home body and hates going to other gardens. We may try her later but I just love this one

Thumbnail by avmoran
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Good grief, I like that white w/blue veins versicolor, too!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

If that last one is who I think she is, she appears to have finally given up the ghost here. :-(

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks Laurie and Polly I really lucked out with these.
We are going to slipt the clump and try to Id the single rhizome and isolate her in her own pot to see what we get hopefully if we keep her near the waterfall she will be happy and keep increasing.
Now I know better to SLOWLY harden them to the garden.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Yep she looks like she gave up everywhere except here we hardenbed her off so now she only gets rainfall and well see what she does. She still increased like mad so hopefully in another year of this treatment she will be happier in other places
:)

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This versicolor has matured into much better color and form She was darker but I am really liking this more mature plant

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is going to be a registered seedling. Also matured very well. When she first opens she is extremely dark and as the bloom matures this is the results. Great form 6-9 buds three branches she just has everything

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This one also matured with better form and color.

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This little one is about 2/3 the size of the other versicolor maybe less. She must have understood that this was her last year and decided to settle down and produce normal flowers. She still throws flowers with missing parts but for the most part they are few

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is a SPEC-X Seedling from Jill Copeland that I am Guesting it is nearly black when it first opens a great iris

Thumbnail by avmoran

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.