Before I pull all the weeds.....

North Augusta, ON

It seems one person's weed is another's sought after plant...so....before I pull all the weeds, let's hear what all of you all are seeking.....after all, a weed is just a plant you don't want growing where it is......if I knew it was desired I could keep a few.

North Augusta, ON

I'm serious folks....there has to be an Eastern Canada native plant on somebody's wish list.......doesn't there?????

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Any Eryngiums in there? Sea hollies if that helps.....

Mike

North Augusta, ON

This one?
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/843/

Hiya,
Cheers i have straight planum. there are some species types that are native to areas of North America and canada.

Not sure which ones though. But there not listed on Daves. lol

Mike

North Augusta, ON

What I'll do, is take pictures of all the ones I see around and you can let me know if they're what you are looking for......sound like a plan?
Be later in the season though, they're just starting to grow now.....

That sounds fantastic.
I'll see what i can get for you if you find any.

Mike

San Antonio, TX

those sea hollies look great are you looking for a trade? i hope it can take the texas heat are you looking for anything in particular? do you have seeds or plants?

Hi Hedersatx,
In the spring i have very few seeds of anything. I go mad collecting as things become ripe later in the year.
I'm looking for any Eryngium species or varieties. Most of the common ones i have allready like planum and varifolium etc but there are loads of native american ones i'm looking for.

Should be ok with the heat as long as the roots stay damp... some varieties are more sun resistant than others

Mike

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

3 gardeners,

I would like some of your Sea Holly. What would you like in trade?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.