spirea

Saint Simons Island, GA

my spirea hardly had any blooms this spring and now the leaves are turning half brown and some branches are just sticks.. what to do? cut them back hard? fertlize? pray?

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

My goldmound spirea looked very very bad when I got it... well, that's how I got it :) it was pot bound and has lots of dead limbs.. I planted it in good soil and made sure it got water and it has fliurished... If it's just the plants time to go... do you know how to take cuttings and root it?? I also have anthony waterer and just finally put it into the garden yesterday after seeing it in bloom at a nursery and realizing I had it under shade in a pot. They don't do as well in shade either.. Does it have enough sun??

Susan

Saint Simons Island, GA

susan: i have trimmed back the tree overhanging it so it gets more light and i cut parts of it back and am watering it everyday. there are some new leaves coming out so i don't think it is completely dead. maybe i need to cut it all back harder. the plants are only two years old and until about a month ago looked fine other than not blossoming this year. thanks for your advice. dooley

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good Luck! :)

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.