I D on this please

Sedalia, MO

I found this growing in a field years ago, never have been able to ID it, does anyone know what it is? It is taller than the other iris's sure is pretty when it blooms tho.

Thumbnail by allysgram
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I have a big clump of this and I divided it last year and gave some away and put three clumps in my new strip garden. Someone told me that it was called Louisianna Iris. Hope this helps. Bev

Sedalia, MO

thanks, it sure is pretty and it does multiply. I have seperated mine several times,but it isn't as fast as my other iris's.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

No Out of the three clumps that I planted last year, I only had one bloom on one clump. Maybe next year?? I am looking for some one to chat with on here about gardening or anything. Would you be interested in having a chat pal? I love Dave's Garden but seems there are so many clicks that when I write they do not want to answer. Oh Well! Do you have a grandaughter named Allisha? Hense your Allysgram? Iwill talk about anything. I guess I get a little lonely. Bev

Sedalia, MO

Yes that sounds great. Yes I have a granddaughter named Aliciia.LOL My baby daughter lives close to me, so I got to spoil her, as I babyset with her from the time she was six months old, now there are two more girls, Ally is 5, tina is 2 and Emma is six months. My DD became a stay at home Mom after her second. These are my youngest GK's, They are all adorable, I love working in my flowers and garden, I am just an outside person. We have sixteen grand children and fifteen great grand. My DH is going through cancer treatments and starts Dialysis in the morning,I know what you mean aboute people ans, you this post has been on here awhile. LOL

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Ally! Thank you so much. The reason I ask about Ally is that my girlfriend has a granddaughter Allisha who is getting married next month. I have six grands and they range from 21 to 1yr. Did you mean by DH your dear husband with cancer or am I dumb? So so sorry and will keep them in my prayers. That is what keeps me going. I am taking care of my husband who has had strokes and as of Feb my disabled son is living in our living room after his second divorce. He has two beautiful girls. Morgan will be 16 in Dec watch out!! Driving you know and the other is Terry who is 9. She comes and stays everyother weekend. I do not want to be a bother but will enjoy talking to you. Let me know about the flowers you like. I have become a Hosta Nut. Hope to hear from you soon. Bev P.S. If you want we can D mail or email if you want. Bev

Sedalia, MO

Yes it is my Husband, I am so sorry you have two to care for, will keep you and your fmly in my prayers. I am fond of daisies,and irisis.There really isn't any I don't like, I have a small yard and there is a flower garden along every fence and cranny I can find.hehe. Yes we can Dmail and email each other it will be nice to talk to someone besides fmly members. I will Dmail you my email address.
veronica(Ronnie) for short

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Looks like a species spuria to me. Maybe orientalis. Grows like a weed up here in Manitoba. I love it -and other spurias - because they extend the iris season.

inanda

Sedalia, MO

I will look this up, thanks, these are the first and only ones I have seen in Mo. I found these aboute 25 yrs ago. When we sold our other home I moved them with me. When I first found them and planted them it took aboute three yrs to see them bloom, sence I have transplanted them and had no problem, I may have planted them to deep the first time.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

It does look like an oriental iris. Ally I sent you an email with my emails. Let me know if you got the first one. It was long and I do not think it went through. The second one was short and then I put my emails in your Dmail. Bev Let me know what the iris is if I have been told wrong.

Sedalia, MO

got your email,haven't looked it up yet, but will do.

Sedalia, MO

It is a spuria! I found this on it
http://www.comancheacres.com/Spurias.htm

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I agree with inanda, as usual.

Iris orientalis---a species spuria.

http://www.badbear.com/signa/signa.pl?Iris-orientalis

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

A curtsy in your direction Polly. Though there are other irisarians here who have forgotten more than I've ever learnt. Happen to be partial to spurias, c'est tout.
inanda - who expects LA pix from you............. Are you going to visit The Friendship Gardens this year???

Sedalia, MO

Thanks for the info, I truely love this iris.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.