Weight Loss Challange May 19th - May 26th(?)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I did receptionist duty at the food bank all day(they close at 2)Thursday and then I picked up the replacement plants and changed clothes at home before heading to Kris's. Shadoe graduated Thursday night. He got an award for being the top 50 on his SAT(?) score out of a class of over 300. We are all very proud of him. I spent the night with them, met a fellow DGer Fri. morning to get some trees for the farm and barely made it to work on time yesterday. Worked until nearly 9 last night. I am so tired. It was good to be in my own bed last night. I forgot and left some of my meds at home so I was sort of miserable. I'm glad to be back on schedule.

It is chilly enough here that I turned the LP heater on to raise the temps slightly in the house.

My eating hasn't been very good the past couple days. I was ok during Thursday until we went out to eat before the graduation. I really blew it then. We ate at a Ponderosa buffet. It was ok, but not like Golden Corral. I ate 2 oven fried chicken thighs with plenty of gravy for dipping, some BBQ flavored meatballs, etc. I did manage to keep it reasonable at the dessert table. I really don't remember just what some of it was called & I only ate a few bites. Much of it didn't really look all that good & I knew it was off limits. But I do love oven fried thighs dipped in good cream gravy. I only indulge on special occasions so I'm not doing the guilt trip. Yesterday's breakfast was another long time craving taken care of. I stopped at a Hardee's and got a sausage/egg/cheese buscuit and an extra buscuit to bring home. I haven't eaten the extra yet. Last night's supper was way too much but I was starved for some reason. I had 3 nice slices of defatted beef brisket, most of a baked potato with cheese, ff 'butter', and some fake bacon bits on it & about 3/4 cup of green beans. The beans were canned, then cooked all afternoon with very lean bacon & onions so there was only fiber there. No food value at all left. I'll be so glad when fresh green beans are available. I like the asparagus beans we grow well enough to eat them raw right off the vine sometimes.

On the way home from Kris's I stopped at a discount store I like. They have a 50 cent room where you can get good buys on food and household items. I got some Hollywood diet drink and good cereals. I didn't get the Hollywood diet drink for that purpose, it is too radical for me. But it is real juices with no sugars of any kind added. Does have several of the B vitamins listed in the ingredients. I will use it as a juice. Yes, I know juices are concentrated carbs. And all the fiber is gone from them. But they do satify that carb craving I sometimes get. And 50 cents for a liter of unconcentrated or a 16 oz. bottle of the concentrate is too good to pass on.

Congratulations on the anniversary. In this time we live in a long marriage is the sign of lots of effort on the part of both parties.

Some of the 'stuff' on my arms has turned out to be poison ivy. I called Kris when I got home last night to warn her of it since I slept in Cindy's bed. I don't know if she is sensitive. Shad had on his gown when I had my hand and arm on him so he should be ok. I think the oil could have gotten on the gown but doubt he will be doing anything with it again. And none of the blisters had gotten much if any fluid in them or opened at that time. I put caladryl clear on them last night and it helped the itching a lot. I only had ointments like Carmex with me to use until I got home. I upped my Prednisone to 10 mg this morning to knock the immune reaction down a bit. All of this was right beside the bramble scratches so I thought it was part of them until the blisters started forming and itching. I was sure that was poison ivy I saw in the one blackberry clump. I'll go out sometime soon and use the paint brush to treat it with herbicide. I know I risk losing some blackberries too. But I can't have both.

Lemjo, I have Bosenberries. I sprayed the Dewberries tho because they are so invasive and I couldn't keep them weeded or in the bed. I didn't get all of them tho. I saw some still trailing in the bed so I'll spray them again.

Must go do laundry. Holly just called and said they will be working on the water system this afternoon so the water will be off. I only have a couple loads. I'll make sure all the critters have plenty of water for the afternoon too.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!