Evergreen Clematis

Does anyone have this clematis?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Waving my hand :-)
Yes, I do and I absolutely love them. I've two climbing on my arbor and they're more beautiful each year. Armandii (uncertain of cultivar) but can go back to my nursery and have it i.d.

I have been trying to find one of these for the longest..with no luck at all.If anyone would like to trade,please dmail me your want list.
Thanks.
Lily,I have something on your want list :)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'd like to team up. I'm working on a new project. Propagating this vine, and some of my fav. planting around the garden, one of which is a "flame Azalea", a native Drodies. So keep in touch. I'll send you cuttings of Armandii if I have success. One of my buddies in a local garden club has mentioned that she's has successfully grow cuttings from Armandii before, next meeting, I'll get her tips on how to do so. Wish me luck, and glad to meet another DG's friend in the surrounding, neighboring State.
Kim

Kim,
Hope you have luck in rooting Evergreen.
It's nice meeting you,too :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

let me know what you find out... I can try an armandii "apple blossom" to send, too.

tootsiepop,do you have an Evergreen Clematis?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

redt;
Yours is absolutely gorgeous. Will pass info. on this as I find out.
Kim

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I do, I have armandii 'snowdrift' for 2 years now, beautiful fragrance... and my favorite is armandii 'apple blossom' - light pink flowers that fade to white- it bloomed hundreds of flowers this year and the fragrance is to die for. theres a thread on clematis forum with a picture, I'll try to dig it up.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

christmascactus - I moved up the thread re: apple blossom so you can see a picture... it was taken in the evening, but that was the first years blooms. I'm happy to try to root it, if Lily love can help me out with instructions.

tootsiepop,
I would love to see a picture of your 'apple blossom',I had no idea that there was a pink armandii. Now,I want both :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

christmas - check out the main page of the clematis forum - I just moved the thread up..... the picture was taken in the evening (I think) so it's not perfect, but you'll get the idea anyway.

Thanks,will check it out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.