Sugar Snap Peas, white streaks from heat????

Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

could these white streaks be from heat, as we have had a number of 80-87 degree days? They do not seem to be getting more and seem to be growing.

Thumbnail by Tammylp

tammy,

It's hard to tell from your pic, but could it be the start of spreading mildew?

Snap peas, from what I've read-especially spring planted ones- are very prone to this fungus-even the resistant varieties.

So far, it doesn't appear to be insect damage.

I noticed a larger, whiter area in the upper right hand corner of pic. Is this the same cluster of white? or maybe bird droppings?

If it is mildew, maybe someone can offer advise to combat it.

Sasha

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

They are looking good, I don't think you have something to worry about.

Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

that larger white area I think is from a bird. it does not seem to be mildew; it seems to actually be the leaf color, smooth and nothing I can wipe off.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Agree with Farmerdill, lots of my peas have had that mottled white coloring on the leaves. It's just part of the plant and nothing to worry about. Just let them grow and they will be fine.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Mine look like that, too, on the leaves that were present during the Easter freeze. The "new" leaves look fine, and the plants are healthy, I think. Now if I can just keep the cows away from them....
Margo C

Lima, OH(Zone 5b)

That is good to hear......not the cows, sorry about the cows--always some critter wanting to munch.....I wake up every morning and repot and replant whatever the raccoons have dug up. I am not sure how many more times the plants will survive the attacks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.