Need iris ID

Greenwich, OH

This iris bloomed today.Anyone know what kind this iris is? Thanks!

Thumbnail by skimper
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

That is historic iris . ALADDINS WISH / 1943
I lost mine want to trade for something ?

Greenwich, OH

Tazzy:Thanks! for identifying the iris.That is the one.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Skimper,

I'd like to encourage you to post your iris photos in Dave's Plant Files (under iris of course) :-) It'll be there for everyone to look-up and enjoy for years!
http://davesgarden.com/pf/finder/index.php?sname=Iris&submit=submit

That is a wonderful photo of Aladdins Wish!
~Margie

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Tazzy,
Argyle Acres also carries this one. :)
Laura

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

yes thank you
i found it at Superstition iris garden too .
another one of the old lumitias iris i love is Moonlite Sea ,
from same area

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tazzy - - you and I seem to like the same kind of irises. Luminata's and Louisiana's! I have Moonlit Sea, but must get Aladdin's Wish. How does Aladdin's Wish grow for you?

~Margie

Greenwich, OH

Margie!I tried to upload the photo on planfiles under irises and have had no luck.
This iris was here when I moved here since, the last 8 yrs.It seems to bloom and return well every year.I have another iris that shoould be blooming soon and I don't know what type of iris it is .i know it is a bearded tall iris that I dug up at a lot and planted it and it seemed to multiply.I will post a picture when this iris blooms.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Aladdin's Wish grows like crazy here--I have a big clump. Due to spring freeze, I don't know if it will bloom this year. Tazzy & Margie, remind me & I'll send you one in a few weeks.

Alladin's Wish in my garden last year.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Greenwich, OH

Wandasflowers:I like this iris.tall and pretty!

Very tall and will take over your garden, given the chance! Gotta love those historics!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

That is my kind of iris, Wanda and Skimper. And thank you for the offer!

Wanda and Skimper, I'd like to use this one in my breeding program. If it is tall and grows like a weed - -- that is exactly what todays' luminata's need!

Skimper, hmmmmm............ I wonder if that feature (to upload photos to Dave's website) was "down" for and an update of something. Your photo would look nice posted up there next to Wanda's photo.

~Margie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.