Unknown clematis

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I drive by this unknown clematis every day on my way to work. It is in an alley and neglected, but it sure puts on a show!

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

How Beautiful!!..Looks like clematis "H.F.Young" to me...Jeanne

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

that is a beauty, flowers from top to bottom!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Gorgeous. I've seen people do that with morning glories on guy wires but never a clematis. I like the clematis much better!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous! So many creative ways to grow Clematis!

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Oooh, I wonder if I could grow one over our propane tank? :-)

(Zone 4a)

Gosh the colour is just striking! How pretty is that!

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Just fabulous. I purchased several Clematis from the coop this spring and I am hoping I will have great blooms in a couple of years.

I have a Nelly Moser that is beautiful when in bloom. Last year I planted Multi-Blue...so we'll see how it performs this year.

Deb

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I fuss and fuss over all my clematis and none, I say "None of them look like that" I might just have to neglect them, maybe after a few season they want put on a show for my attention. Very nice!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I agree ghia - those blooms from the bottom all the way up the top, completely filled with blooms ! !

Denver, CO

HF Young has incredibly large flowers.

(Edited- my mistake, this is General Sikorski in my friend's garden.)

This message was edited May 22, 2007 4:23 AM

Thumbnail by ineedacupoftea
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I wish my Clematis' would be that nice with neglect. Maybe I'll have to start not paying attention to them.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am hoping to start some Clematis from seed, but since these are my first, I have no idea when the seeds are ready to harvest. The petals are gone from the flowers and what's left looks like a character from Dr. Seuss. They've been like this for a while and don't seem to want to dry out.... do they need to dry on the plant? Do you harvest them green and dry them? Am I wasting my time? I feel lucky that I got any blooms at all. This was their first spring season bloom and they've been in ground only a year. The tag on it said "Comtess du Brouchard" which at least matched what I ordered. The "Sweet Autumn" is growing like a weed and I'm hoping for some fall blooms. These are such spectacular plants. I wish more species could tolerate this zone.

oops... meant to post this on the main forum...will repost there.

This message was edited May 25, 2007 10:55 AM

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Kenton: "General Sikorski" is beautiful! Look at the size of those blooms!!!

Middle River, MD(Zone 7a)

Good Golly that is one beautiful plant......... It looks so happy even though it's on its own and left to fend for itself.......

Sorta a "life's lesson" isn't it ? In spite of our adversities........ we "bloom"....

Janice

Gilbert, AZ

WOW. Neglect is the answer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.