Help: identify this iris

Greenwich, OH

hello:This iris bloomed today.Does anyone know the name? Thanks!

Thumbnail by skimper
Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

Maybe historic TB "Indian Chief"?

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

TB 'Anne Newhard' opened here today.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/58265/index.html

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

or historic Mme. Henri Cayeux......see wanda's pictures in plantfiles

Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

It's so hard to figure out what is what -- look at the two pictures of Ann Newhard -- their colors are so different, it makes them look like completely different irises.

I know! Mine looks like the one on the right, just about like skimper's Iris. But who knows? There are 16,000 some Iris just in plantfiles alone... I have a different one I wanted to ID but I'm not sure I'll go to all the trouble!

Lebanon, OR

Truthfully there are extremely few you can ID from a picture. Several reasons are Monitors different colors, soil PH, fertilizer, climate, temperature differences. What you usually will get is guess' and then if you really truly want to know the ID, you get the ones people have suggestions and grow it side by side to the one you want ID'd...

There are too many iris in production to be 100% sure...

D

Greenwich, OH

It is Indian Chief.Some irises do look similar in colors.This one was given to me .

Newfoundland, NJ

One should not use Dave's Garden pictures as Identification pictures unless as supporting evidence. When you submit a picture for posting to the gallery, there is no verification done to determine if the iris is correct. If the submitter says its 'X' then it goes up there as 'X', no questions asked.
Unfortunately there are a number out there that are not right.
Both pictures of ANNE NEWHARD are wrong..
Laetitia

Sugarbean, can you point us in the direction of a correct 'Anne Newhard'?
You can report errors to the PF admins too, although I know that doesn't always work either. I've been trying to get a Holly that someone mis-read the tag on moved to the right plant, no success so far.

Newfoundland, NJ

Here is ANNE NEWHARD.
Laetitia

Thumbnail by Sugarbean1
Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

It's gorgeous. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.