House Shutters

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Has anyone ever made their own house shutters? If so, would you please post pictures?

I hate the standard shutter with the horizontal slats every house seems to have. I prefer paneled shutters, and vinyl at that. I bought some from a great online company for my last home for a fraction of the cost AND delivery time HD and Lowe's wanted.

http://www.architecturaldepot.com/c/shutters/

I may re-order from them for my new house now...but there are many more windows to cover (Colonial) and sizes so was wondering if building would be a better bet. DH wants to build the hinged ones since we live in an area that can get high winds and rain from hurricanes. But of course they'd be wood ones and I do prefer the vinyl.

Does anyone else out there look at shutters as an important curb appeal element? I always am looking to see if they match a person's front door, etc. Many front doors have panels so I always think the paneled shutters look best but few people buy them because they are special order.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!