New to site in North Western Michigan

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

I just discovered Daves Garden today! It's wonderful! Is there anyone else in the Traverse City Area? I'm on the East side of the bay in a valley and am more of a zone 4 than a 5 like the other side of town. I garden, rehabilitate Wildlife, (currently mother to 9 squirells and a fox) and sculpt for a living. I've spent most of the day searching for Narragansett turkeys. Anyone have any suggestions other than a poultry catalouge? jyl

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome jy!! I'm not in the Traverse City Area, but have visited there often in the summer - gorgous place! Can't help you with the turkeys either - sorry! I only have one cat... LOL

You will love it here!

Algonac, MI

WELCOME, jylgaskin, to Dave's Garden.
You will love your time spent in the garden with all of us.
You don't have to be crazy to be part of the groups, but......it sure does help.
Glad to have you here.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome jy, nice to have you join in. You will find valuable info. Any gardening questions you may have are usually addressed by DG members.

Cindy

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Jy...nice to have you here...Ditto to all of the above..wishes..and just jump right in..Telling us about your accomplishments. Hehe..even Failures...

Do not know anything about...Turkeys..except..we have wild ones down here..lol....

Welcome again...

Smiles..Diana...

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome jyl,

So good to have you hear. I can't help you with your turkey question though. We have wild ones on our property but I have no idea what kind they are.

Hope to see you around Dave's more often.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome jy we all know youwill love it here I'v lernd so much from every one this year and thay are soooo much fun I just have wild turkys and deer and swans and once in a while a stray donky
Gloria

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

I am loving this site more and more.It's nice to see people who are not so serious all the time. Does anyone know anything about gooseberries. I have had a bush for years and only gotten about 6 berries a year off it. I have followed pruning directions and have a huge healthy bush. Just no gooseberries. It is a pixwell.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I know I like gooseberrys thats about all
Gloria

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

never heard of a gooseberry...is it like a blueberry?

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi jy....you might try the fruit and nut forum...they will know there about your Gooseberries..They are so..good..hubby used to eat them when he was young... http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/717761/

Also there is a Farm..forum..here...maybe you can post there..about your Turkeys. There are so many forums here..hehehe I am still discovering them..lol...

If you click on garden talk..at the top of the page ..it lists..the forums...

Smiles..Diana... ps..hehe but you can always post here..not to worry...we have some great people...in Michigan...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

hello there Jy and welcome to the site.
I have goosberry bushes that a friend gave me branches off hers and now they are bushes and get yummy gooseberries. I dont do a thing to them. I stuck them in the dirt and they did the rest!!! They get lots of yummy berries like we had when i was a kid! Dont know any tricks to make them produce!

welcome to the site and the Michigan forum!!
dori

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome to the Michigan forum jyl

Connie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

hello ther jyl and welcome I havent been on very long either and have really enjoy all the chats. Every one is very helpful. I stumbled upnn the garedn site cause the google would bring me here with questions and I love the site. Many questions have been answered for me. Have fun and enjoy all of the different sites Ronna
I

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I know you will love it here at Dave's JYL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.